special transport for Raptor?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

LVGH

Reaction score
I purchased a Raptor located in Washington state, I am located in Nevada. It was at a Jaguar/Land Rover dealer and they recommended a transport service. I am dealing with that company and They originally said it would be picked up in WA on the 28th. They said the Raptor requires a special transport. They are now saying it will be after the 1st of the year, they are having difficulty arranging it. I realize this is something most the forum will have no experience with, but never hurts to ask.

Is this true (the special transport part)? What the heck would they do with a dually??

SKS

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I had my old Gen 2 transported from Texas to California back in 2017 and also had my current Gen 1 transported from Texas to CA at the beginning of this year. Both trips I had an enclosed trailer do the transport, no issues (tight fit). I have the phone of the transporter that I used if you would like to contact him. I provided his number to another member on this forum and according to him, everything went smoothly. PM me if you are interested. There was nothing "special" regarding the transporters rig (FYI).

jeanco

2019 scab=gone,24 AMB 801A
Supporting Member
Reaction score
my raptor arrived in Mo the 21 of June,shipping to Oregon.
Truck get stock 5 days in SF! 4 of July.received the 8 of July.
lucky this guy live 25 miles from my town.
so with the holidays....
Raptor.jpg

Last edited:

DinduMcNugget

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I think it might be too wide for some trucks, this is just what I heard, don’t quote me on that. I personally would try to make the trip and drive it back if you could. Some horror stories of transport shenanigans on this forum that would make me weary. Things like missing trucks, damage on the roof and things of that nature. Not to say that transport companies are bad I just wouldn’t want to trust someone with my raptor.

BigH2OChief

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I searched nationwide for a Gen1 and narrowed it down to 3. Flew from San Diego to Phoenix to Seattle to Reno over 2 days to see them all. Fortunately the Reno rig was the best truck for the investment. Drove it back to San Diego that night. Best part about the drive was plenty of time to get intimate with the truck. Worked out great.

Harvey Singh

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I bought my 2019 raptor from a Jaguar Land Rover dealership in Canada. If you read one of my old threads it went really BAD, the transport company stole it for a bit LOL.

anyways... no it does not require a special transport. They had my raptor on normal transport. Sounds like an excuse to deliver other vehicles before yours. Ask for a discount.

Doctor Mike

Reaction score
Hi there, they are blowing smoke up your kazoo. The raptor is wider than standard f-150 but should still fit easily on any standard carrier. These people are often thieves. I agree with others to drive it yourself if at all possible. Mine was shipped from Ohio to Nj on open carrier. Front skid plate was damaged on unloading. Covered carrier costs a fortune. Shop around. All of these carriers are jobbers who farm the work out And get a cut of the action