Speakers Popping/Static (LOUD) and Horn Honking?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BarryT82

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My 2021 did this about a month ago. I got in the truck and as soon as I turned it on I heard a loud pop followed by static. Turning the volume knob made the volume display appear on the screen, but it stayed at zero and the sound wouldn’t go away. I had to disconnect the battery to get it to stop.

MDJAK

FRF Addict
Reaction score
And the gremlins claimed another victim, me. Damn-it

But picture this, I’m sitting in truck in a low income high crime neighborhood picking up a desk at my sister’s house, start truck and hear that pop. I thought someone jumped off the bldg and landed on my roof or windshield or someone shot my windshield. Scared the crap out of me. I then immediately thought of this thread. Switched source to Bluetooth and good to go.

Last edited:

horns2121

Reaction score
Same exact thing happened to me tonight. I will check the battery tomorrow for sure because I get scared hitting the start button!! I am hoping the ringing in my ears stops at some point!! I have owned 10+ new Ford trucks and never experienced anything like it. Anyone find a fix or is it really just battery related? 2022 Raptor with 6K miles for reference.

So-Cal-Al-52

I Love Fossil Fuel
Reaction score
Mine has done about 4 times in 3 months. I can not figure it out. I was able to get the noise to stop by switching inputs to CarPlay instead of radio. Then I went back to Sirius and it worked fine. My battery is fine so who knows. I get jumpy hitting the start button also, I either get music or loud popping and honking. I am in a 2022 also. I called my dealer after the first time and they said "we can get you in to check it out in 2 weeks." So I never took it in.

lawraptor

Reaction score
When are they ever going to figure this out? Happened to my truck again last night. Quickly switched inputs and it was fine after that... but cmon

MDJAK

FRF Addict
Reaction score
When are they ever going to figure this out? Happened to my truck again last night. Quickly switched inputs and it was fine after that... but cmon
Agree. But truth be told, I didn’t bother going to dealer after it happened. I’ll mention it when I go in for service but I’m sure they will not duplicate it and do nothing.

Shark

Full Access Member
Reaction score
On day 2 of driving my new 2022 this happened to me when I was about to take my wife for her first ride in the new truck. Not the first impression I wanted to make on her! I had someone check my VIN in FDRS and these software modules are available. I doubt any of these are related to a fix. This is not the kind of BS you expect in such an expensive vehicle. I've done some googling and it seems that MANY F150 owners with the B&O speakers are experiencing this. I agree that unless Ford comes up with a TSB it is probably pointless to bother taking it to the dealer.

1679836776322.png

Last edited:

Littlefx4

FRF Addict
Reaction score
On day 2 of driving my new 2022 this happened to me when I was about to take my wife for her first ride in the new truck. Not the first impression I wanted to make on her! I had someone check my VIN in FDRS and these software modules are available. I doubt any of these are related to a fix. This is not the kind of BS you expect in such an expensive vehicle. I've done some googling and it seems that MANY F150 owners with the B&O speakers are experiencing this. I agree that unless Ford comes up with a TSB it is probably pointless to bother taking it to the dealer.

View attachment 399120
That’s your truck telling you to upgrade the sound system.

oswiff

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This occurred today for the first time, startled me. Turned off truck and opened door for a few min but when re-starting sound persisted. Had no choice but to drive 30 min to dealership. When I arrived, I left the car on with the sound blaring and grabbed the manager. He heard it, a salesman heard it, but they shut the car off and left it there for about 10 min and when the car restarted, no more noise. I did record it and showed the tech but all he did was a master reset. I'm annoyed and unhappy that this has been happening for some time and there doesn't seem to be a fix? Really dangerous, luckily it occurred when I was pulling out of a parking spot, if I was doing highway speeds, could have been much worse.
My ears are ringing still.

G2G3Iconic

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have a theory....others have also thought it might be part of the issue. One day I got in my truck (after about 1 month ownership) and it was acting weird. Brake pedal popping screens flashing static from the speakers, tons of error messages flashing on the cluster, and the truck wouldnt start. I figured it was a battery problem so I jumped the battery and it started right up. No problems until 2-3 months later I experienced the same popping others have detailed. Fast forward to last week, took my truck in for 5k service and the battery tested bad and was replaced. Im thinking it is a bad battery issue. My truck was still running fine with no issues with the bad battery, but possibly it got weak enough at some point that the sound system went sideways??? Ill keep you posted if it happens again post battery swap.