Speakers Popping/Static (LOUD) and Horn Honking?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

cswht

Reaction score
Today when I turned on my radio while I was driving, a loud squealing sound at maximum volume started coming from all of my speakers. My raptor is a 2022 gen 3 801a with only 2303 miles. the sound would stop when the power turned off, but would start again when I turned the power back on. I turned the power on and off 4 or 5 times. The only way I could get it to stop was to discount the battery. Of course now it will not do this again. Still no ideas on what causes this?

lawraptor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I had this happen to me 3 weeks ago. Was insane. I shut the truck off, exited and locked it and the full blast crackling and popping kept going. Last week I heard one pop, and immediately shut the truck off. Does anyone know what this is? This truck has so many gremlins its making me want to offload it. Between this, the exhaust rattling, and the headlight flickering I'm considering getting out from this DROF-- driver returns on foot lol

Bmwtech113

Reaction score
Mine has done this 3 times, including yesterday with my kids in the back seat. Loud static sound for a couple of seconds and then no audio until I switched sources. I am taking mine in on Monday for the front strut replacement. I am going to bring this issue up but I don't expect a resolution anytime soon.

Fat_Kid

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My god, man. I figured it was an isolated event and that I was the only one... lol

I was backed into my driveway close to the garage door when it happened to me. My guess is that the parking sensors were picking up my garage door as the truck was starting and it tried to send an audible warning through the speakers, but the electronics hadnt fully booted just yet.

Just spitballing here. It sucks either way!

New recaros

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I had a mild version, then the full boom. Sounded like a gun shot thru the speakers. I put a wrench on and moved every ground I could find, pushed and wiggled every fuse, of course, after changing my shorts.

Dav1000

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I wonder if all the other f-150s are having this issue. Surely it isnt raptor specific. I remember also seeing a couple times about where the speakers would pop, and the dash would light up and the truck would start. I think they ended up being bad batteries. Remember, some of these trucks sat out in the cold for no telling how long waiting on parts. Wouldnt hurt to check or top off the battery.

Last edited:

rfc805

Full Access Member
Reaction score
From all the reports of people who have had it, had it fixed, and had it repeat.

It sounds like there is a problem with the charging system in these trucks causing batteries to go bad, and when they fail, it causes both the audio issue and the light flickering issue.

My $0.02

Might be worth trying to keep the truck on a trickle charger and see if it goes away, would definitely point to an issue with the charging system.

DaveInFL

Reaction score
Happened to me for the first time today......at 510 miles. Scared the crap out of me. Extremely loud tone, then loud speaker popping. I shut truck off immediately. Waited a few minutes, then restarted and had no audio until I changed sources.

Thought it might be phone related. My Android Auto stopped working last week but I had driven the truck multiple times since then. I had to delete the phone and repair to get AA to work again.

JHP

Reaction score
Happened to me yesterday in my garage...turned the truck off, upon restarting could not control volume on truck. Could tell the radio was working but no sound would come out of the speakers...and could not adjust volume, just stayed on zero. Cycle truck multiple times to no avail. Finally, pulled fuse 28 and 34, amplifier and speaker fuses on passenger side kick panel and then put them back as they had not blown....this seem to fix the issue as everything starting working as normal.