Speakers Popping/Static (LOUD) and Horn Honking?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

G2G3Iconic

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Im about two months out from replacing the battery and so far no more popping and loud speaker static. Im hopeful it is a weak battery issue. Any others that replaced the battery and had the sound again. For those who have had this happen I recommend having the dealer test the battery and look for any signs of bleeding charge. Get it replaced under warranty. It seemed to do the trick for me. My truck was functional with the weak battery, but i suspect it was weak enough to throw the gremlins into the sound system.

billy8

Reaction score
Hello All, I remember seeing a TSB that apparently fixed this issue. Do any of you happen to know what TSB # that was? This continues happening to me every couple months or so and it scares the shit out of me every time! lol

oswiff

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hello All, I remember seeing a TSB that apparently fixed this issue. Do any of you happen to know what TSB # that was? This continues happening to me every couple months or so and it scares the shit out of me every time! lol
The Bulletin #22-2226.
Had mine done early Oct. Took 1.5 days, lots of updates was needed.