Speaker upgrades?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

The Car Stereo Company

aka grumpy car stereo guy
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Noah, do you have a couple recommendations for surface mount tweeters for the front? I have a 2011, and there is no accommodation for tweeters except the triangular interior plastic panel at the front bottom of the front door windows. I figure to simply wire them to the factory door speakers and rely on the tweeters' internal cross-overs.
any tweeter will do. aluminum tweeters will sound a little more bright, where the soft dome tweeters will be a little less. what price range you looking at?

Ruger

FRF Addict
Reaction score
any tweeter will do. aluminum tweeters will sound a little more bright, where the soft dome tweeters will be a little less. what price range you looking at?
Thanks for responding, sir.
No particular price range, just best value for the buck. The problem I'm trying to solve is all in my head - my ears, specifically. I have more or less age and wear and tear high-end hearing loss, and I thought that a pair of tweeters at head level would probably help. I don't listen to music at high volume - I'm deaf enough! Mostly country, classic rock, and classical. I was thinking about something on the order of the Alpine S-S10TW - $90.

Last edited:

The Car Stereo Company

aka grumpy car stereo guy
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Thanks for responding, sir.
No particular price range, just best value for the buck. The problem I'm trying to solve is all in my head - my ears, specifically. I have more or less age and wear and tear high-end hearing loss, and I thought that a pair of tweeters at head level would probably help. I don't listen to music at high volume - I'm deaf enough! Mostly country, classic rock, and classical. I was thinking about something on the order of the Alpine S-S10TW - $90.
the alpine tweeters will work just fine however with just a tweeter like that there is no adjustment. when you buy component speakers the come with crossovers, and most in the mid pricepoint will have adjustable crossovers. this allows for tweeter attenuation or gain. i may have a peair of focal crossovers that have that adjustment. if i can find them i can send them out to you. this will give you the ability to adjust the tweeters. you dont need to connect the woofer part, just the tweeter connection. i still got your number, i will text you if i find them

OP
OP
C

Cody Templeton

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Truck is finally out of storage so I got a chance to work on the speaker upgrades. I got the A-pillar tweeter areas dremeled out to fit the Focal tweeters which worked perfect. The speakers were fitted into all 4 doors without having to modify anything but the wiring connectors. The factory speakers have a connector for them, so you just have to clip it and add some spade connectors to connect to the aftermarket speakers. I set the rear speakers to the high setting on the speaker as well. Definitely a nice upgrade to compliment the JL sub. The mids and highs are a lot clearer than the factory Sony speakers, plus I was starting to lose the right front speaker too.