Speaker Issues?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

DAF

Reaction score
Basically they just rattle the door cards and sounds like garbage. I only have the bass up to ~75%. Its not the speakers rattling themselves because if if I put pressure against the door card the rattling stops. Does anyone have the same problem and is there a solution?

Also my drivers side headliner speaker is getting overloaded under high frequencies and buzzes. This is more rare, only when the volume is above 20 and only on certain songs but still feel like it should be able to handle that?

socal raptor

Reaction score
I made a post on this if you're talking about the door speakers rattling.

OP
OP
DAF

DAF

Reaction score
I made a post on this if you're talking about the door speakers rattling.

Whoops! Not sure how I missed that. Yea thats the same noise mine makes. Youd think ford would do something about a common issue by now. Was it easy taking the door apart?

Syberspace

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just did sound deadening on all my doors, both inner and outer panels. Saw the other post on the module rattling (thanks Social Raptor!), and addressed that as well. Sounds better and the truck is definitely quieter.

OP
OP
DAF

DAF

Reaction score
Little update for anyone curious

I’m going to have my dealer fix the rattle in my doors. I dont feel like its something I should have to do myself, its a design flaw.

As far as the overhead speakers go I think they are just cheap and cant handle some high frequency tones or the amp we have is garbage (probably both). I could be nitpicking because im used to mercedes audio quality but whatever, I can live with it.

Quick question though for anyone who may know. How hard is it to add an under seat sub/amp to the system? I figure if I put that in I can turn down bass on the truck and less stress on truck amp and better highs. Ill attach a picture of what I'm talking about.

DDACC487-B073-4FCD-A342-04CE2493DD11.png5C82390E-36A5-4176-B505-397279025174.png