SPD Turbo Adapters: Is the Raptor tax real?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Obscure

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Background is I had a 2018 Raptor that I put the SPD turbo adapters on, which I paid ~ $120 for 9 months ago. Fastforward and I ordered a 2019 Raptor and planned on ordering a new set of SPD turbo adapters, but the price jumped to $190 for the Raptor ($140 for others).

Anyways, called one of the vendors to ask why such the price hike and if the adapters were different for the Raptor. They told me their price went up and the parts were slightly different and it wasn't just a "Raptor tax".

I wasn't happy with the price so I removed the SPD turbo adapters to reuse them before I traded in my truck today. :flipthebird:

The following link tells me otherwise as far as fitment:
https://www.spdperformance.com/index.php?_route_=high-flow-turbo-exhaust-adapter

If you search you can find the SPD turbo adapters for $140 that will work on the Raptor, even though they may tell you otherwise hoping you will pay the "Raptor tax".