SPD Turbo Adapters and Dyno Results

Add the SPD Turbo Adapters or Not?

• Add the SPD Turbo Adapters (tune will come later)

Votes: 15 57.7%
  • Don't Bother with them - You Plan to Tune it

Votes: 3 11.5%
  • These things are all hype - no proof they do anything

Votes: 8 30.8%

• Total voters

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ameration

Full Access Member
Reaction score
How much faith does anyone put into this video showing gains from the SPD TA's? The temp was 10 degrees cooler when tested after the install and I'm guessing that the engine had cooled down as well (however they did compare it to the best run without the TA's installed). Thoughts?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kvGlcVo5aEY

I'm on the fence about these but think doing them early is a good move so I don't want to wait too long. Mostly on the fence after talking to the guys at MPT about them having no evidence to tweak anything in the tune because of them.

Last edited:
OP
OP
ameration

ameration

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The fact that mpt sees nothing is all i need to know.

To be clear, here is what was said from MPT in our email discussion:

“Our tunes are designed to work safely on completely stock trucks. If you wish to do the turbo adapters as well, you can. They do not require any special tuning, so you can install them whenever you’d like.”

When asked if there be any additional gains with the turbo adapters in addition to the tune or will the results be negligible to non-existent adding them his reply was:

“This modification has not been tested on our dyno, so data is insufficient to provide a meaningful response.”

RaptorFlipper

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ok. So i have done it all to my 18, and my 13 for that matter. There is absolutely a gain for sure with the adapters, how much is hard to measure. i say this all the time on here. We have forced air induction engine. The turbo adapters allow more air in at a faster rate. So yes there will be gains. The story is that all this bolt on stuff(CAI, Adapters, Upgraded intercooler, tune, downpipe, exhaust) make more air get in the turbo, colder, and faster, then get it out the other end faster. Trust me my 18 is at least 150-200 hp faster with all this stuff. More importantly the throttle response, shift points, higher end acceleration, are all so much better. It all adds up. Alone each thing is hard to measure except the tune(mpt 93prx is the best by far), but together there is a major difference. If you can afford the extra 5k the truck will drive like a totally different animal. You will be very surprised. At least do the CAI, MPT tune, Adapters, and intercooler. That will run you maybe $2200 and give you very noticeable results. The exhaust/downpipe is more expensive but does gove you gains and a much better sounding vehicle. I did the blow off valve which sounds cool as well. Hope that helps.

TXRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Which exhaust is that?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SPD Turbo Adapters, stock downpipes, stock resonator, FlowMaster Flow FX replacement muffler and stock tail pipes. The fitment of the muffler was not the greatest, but a good exhaust shop will have no problems getting it on.

SPD TA: $130
Flow FX: $460

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XVdC6QLw6dM

OP
OP
ameration

ameration

Full Access Member
Reaction score
SPD Turbo Adapters, stock downpipes, stock resonator, FlowMaster Flow FX replacement muffler and stock tail pipes. The fitment of the muffler was not the greatest, but a good exhaust shop will have no problems getting it on.

SPD TA: $130
Flow FX: $460

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XVdC6QLw6dM

Any drone with the Flowmaster muffler? My experience with Flowmasters on Mustangs was almost always a lot of drone.

Did you leave the “interior sound” on or turn it off?