SPD trombone & QTP E Cutout

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Nood1es

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Got a SPD trombone for the gen 2. Picked it off another member on here. Forgot his name but he post in the trombone thread too. It’s still not broken in yet. About 700 miles between him and I. There’s a drone at 2k rpm that I just no longer can tolerate especially with towing long distances. I’ve added a resonator along with a j pipe. It cures the drone substantially. If I didn’t have downpipes it would probably sound great.

Having said that, after countless exhaust setups I think I’m calling it quits trying to make it not sound like a v6.

If I didn’t tow long distances I’d probably keep this setup. It’s the best sounding combo I’ve had no doubt.

Past setups
2FG
1FG
Corsa xtreme
Qtp e cutout w/2 vibrant resonators.

All those setups was with the adapters and downpipe. If I didn’t have the downpipes it would probably sound great.

Asking for what I paid. $710 shipped. I’ll also include a vibrant resonator. 2 if you wanna add an extra $50.

Next up is the QTP E CUTOIT. Paid $825. Asking 600obo shipped Nothing wrong with it. Pics of the qtp in the morning. First come first serve. Ty

Attachments

• 9D2F40AC-1900-4371-A963-02F05AFAD878.jpeg
    9D2F40AC-1900-4371-A963-02F05AFAD878.jpeg
    261.1 KB · Views: 98
Last edited:

Chiefapple

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Do you have a picture of your trombone and resonator setup? I assume you put it in between the trombone and muffler.

I can take a pic. Lol. I have the trombone and he sent me the resonator as well. If you tell me what nuts I need for the downpipe bolts.

Rick at FMS

aka:Rick @ FreedomMotorsports
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
I can take a pic. Lol. I have the trombone and he sent me the resonator as well. If you tell me what nuts I need for the downpipe bolts.
Eric, Here is a picture of the stock bolts and the bolts/nuts that come with the kit. Actually I wish the bolts that came with it had an extra 1/4” of thread. Couldn’t get it 100% tight but then again the SPD downpipes adapter on mine was slightly bent. I am taking off the trombone today so had a chance to do this for you, not that you are trying to hold me hostage for a picture, not sure what that is about. ‍♂️

Attachments

• 67EB1EF4-DA54-4823-BB5C-E1CA56745574.jpeg
    67EB1EF4-DA54-4823-BB5C-E1CA56745574.jpeg
    258.7 KB · Views: 6