SPD trombone install question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Birdnutz

Reaction score
I’m having a heck of a time aligning the flange up. The bolts that came with it seems to not have enough threads. The stock ones are threaded all the way up the shaft of the bolt. Anyone else run into this?

BoostCreep

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Mine didn’t come with any bolts for the downpipe flange, it only came with two nuts and you reuse the factory bolts.

Once you have the passenger side in the passenger downpipe, the drivers side flange should line up.

OP
OP
Birdnutz

Birdnutz

Reaction score
Mine didn’t come with any bolts for the downpipe flange, it only came with two nuts and you reuse the factory bolts.

Once you have the passenger side in the passenger downpipe, the drivers side flange should line up.
Thanks, weird mine came with them.

NateMob

Full Access Member
Reaction score
A picture is going to help us help you more. I did one of these last weekend and didnt run into any issues.

TXRaaptor

@thebeardedbrand
Reaction score
So I had some fitment issues. What I found was that I had to expand the opening so the trombone could fit over the pipe coming from the downpipe end of the system. Once I expanded the opening, it popped right on and alignment was perfect. I posted a thread about it also, be quicker for you to search SPD and it’ll come up under my name I guess. Good luck! Sounds awesome once on!

KOK JR

Reaction score
Used the stock long pipe clamps. Had to trim one of the Borla pipes. Installed easy after that. Very nice sound at WOT.