SPD Equal Length Resonator Delete (Gen3-like trombone) for Gen2s

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

JCT

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Update on my SPD install:

I have a supercab truck with the Stainless Works catted downpipes and dump style exhaust, which meant that nothing was going to bolt up into place without some modifications. With that in mind I decided to try something unique.

I am merging the two 3" outlets into a single 4" pipe which will run into a single 4" muffler with a downturn at the end. Similar to the Stainless Works dump exhaust but with a single outlet.

This truck will NEVER sound like it has a V8, and, I don't really care. The Ford GT sounds amazing. The Nissan GT-R with a 3.8L twin turbo V6 sounds amazing. That's what I'm going for.

Race truck.View attachment 372671View attachment 372672View attachment 372673
I just hope it sounds as good as the welds look.

FenixAmmo

Reaction score
I'll try to get clips posted over the next couple days.

It's loud, for sure, but the sound is amazing. It could be quieted down a bit with a larger/longer muffler with more packing material. But, getting the exhaust at an equal length and then merging it into one pulse seems to be exactly what this 3.5 Ecoboost needed.

tdford6

Reaction score
Got mine installed a few weeks ago. Wanted to drive it a bit before posting.

2018, 35k miles, stock muffler

For me, it's good. You start the truck and can definitely tell its not stock anymore. Not a v8, but deep with a little rasp. Not much though. I can't sneak around town/neighborhood as much. Under acceleration I think it sounds good. Cruising drone at 2k RPM is not a problem for me. Yes, I can hear it, but not annoying. Highway sound it matches about the sound of the stock tire noise.

If you want a quiet truck, stay stock. If you want people to hear you, and you enjoy a louder deeper exhaust..... get this SPD Res Delete kit. It gets rid of that "funny" stock tone.

Easy to install. Had a few stingy nuts but with a little spray got loose. Did the install on a buddy's lift so cannot say it would be "easy" on the ground.

COLD START comparison video.

Remi_

Reaction score
I'll try to get clips posted over the next couple days.

It's loud, for sure, but the sound is amazing. It could be quieted down a bit with a larger/longer muffler with more packing material. But, getting the exhaust at an equal length and then merging it into one pulse seems to be exactly what this 3.5 Ecoboost needed.
Did you ever get that sound clip? I'm looking for ideas.

slow_raptor

Full Access Member
Reaction score

For me, it's good. You start the truck and can definitely tell its not stock anymore. Not a v8, but deep with a little rasp. Not much though. I can't sneak around town/neighborhood as much. Under acceleration I think it sounds good. Cruising drone at 2k RPM is not a problem for me. Yes, I can hear it, but not annoying. Highway sound it matches about the sound of the stock tire noise.

If you want a quiet truck, stay stock. If you want people to hear you, and you enjoy a louder deeper exhaust..... get this SPD Res Delete kit. It gets rid of that "funny" stock tone.

Easy to install. Had a few stingy nuts but with a little spray got loose. Did the install on a buddy's lift so cannot say it would be "easy" on the ground.

COLD START ounds great...

COLD START comparison video.
Sounds great!!!

DaveRseattle

Reaction score
Honestly, AWE 2FG kit is about the only exhaust mod I’d consider spending money on for the truck unless you’re going downpipes.

BONUS: every time you start the truck, you make dspangler sasquatch77 cry in her mom’s basement!
I purchased the AWE 2FG about a year ago, it sounded like a Honda civic with can exhaust. Absolutely terrible. The tone was laughable. I took it off the first chance I got and threw it in the garbage. I’m not sure we are going to make these G2s sounds anything like the G3s gentlemen…