SPD Equal Length Resonator Delete (Gen3-like trombone) for Gen2s

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Domin0

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Has anyone installed the trombone with a Borla S-Type system?

FenixAmmo

Reaction score
Update on my SPD install:

I have a supercab truck with the Stainless Works catted downpipes and dump style exhaust, which meant that nothing was going to bolt up into place without some modifications. With that in mind I decided to try something unique.

I am merging the two 3" outlets into a single 4" pipe which will run into a single 4" muffler with a downturn at the end. Similar to the Stainless Works dump exhaust but with a single outlet.

This truck will NEVER sound like it has a V8, and, I don't really care. The Ford GT sounds amazing. The Nissan GT-R with a 3.8L twin turbo V6 sounds amazing. That's what I'm going for.

Race truck.messages_0 (14).jpegmessages_0 (13).jpegmessages_0 (12).jpeg

letsgetthisdone

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I got mine in a couple weeks ago, it sounds meh to me. Drone on the freeway and driving around the exhaust was "hollow" sounding and raspy. I feel like the stock muffler is definitely not meant to be ran solo. I added some 14" long magnaflow resonators between the trombone and the muffler, and it sounds great. Exhuast note is smooth, and the drone is mostly cleared up on the freeway. Very happy with it now.

BoostCreep

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I got mine in a couple weeks ago, it sounds meh to me. Drone on the freeway and driving around the exhaust was "hollow" sounding and raspy. I feel like the stock muffler is definitely not meant to be ran solo. I added some 14" long magnaflow resonators between the trombone and the muffler, and it sounds great. Exhuast note is smooth, and the drone is mostly cleared up on the freeway. Very happy with it now.

Did the resonators make it quieter overall?