SPD Equal Length Resonator Delete (Gen3-like trombone) for Gen2s

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BoostCreep

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Interesting. The videos posted so far sound great. I’d love to order one, but I don’t want it to drone like an old 6.2.

I’ve driven and ridden in Gen 1’s but never owned one, all those had quiet exhausts though. Closest thing I can compare was an ‘06 Ram I had with the 5.7 hemi. First year they had the cylinder deactivation. Once it shifted to the overdrive gear and disengaged half the cylinders, it was ear drum rupturing drone (with res delete and straight through muffler). The SPD isn’t in the same universe as that god awful drone.

JCT

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I would recommend SPD consider adding a helmholtz resonator to the resonator delete tuned to cancel out the drone at 2100 RPM.

I’m going to try swapping out my stock muffler for a Corsa. If that doesn’t calm down the resonance at just over 2000 RPM, I’m then going to buy a TIG welder and try building by own helmholtz resonators.

BoostCreep

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Based on how quiet the Corsa muffler was in terms of in cab noise around 2k, I think it would be a great combo. The Corsa was just too loud for what I wanted at wot.

BoostCreep

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I've got well over 1000 miles on my trombone and I am still not experiencing any drone. I can hear the exhaust now throughout the RPM range. I'm surprised so many are experiencing this. Honestly makes me wonder if y'all are actually hearing drone or just the exhaust.

Not as many miles for me yet, but same. Maybe we all have different definitions of “drone.” It’s got more bass sound around 2k but it’s smooth, and zero resonance or weird vibrations or anything like that.