SPD Equal Length Resonator Delete (Gen3-like trombone) for Gen2s

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

TXRaaptor

@thebeardedbrand
Reaction score
Just got mine today and went to throw it on tonight. Didn’t loosen off the hangers as I’m now seeing mentioned and it’s still not in a position to mate back up correctly so will have to finish it off tomorrow.

The muffler and pipes are sitting a few inches back on their hangers after man-handling the old resonator off on the ground with the front up on ramps and basically leg pressing the system back to get the old resonator to release…

Sweaty night in the garage here in Texas

Any tips on getting the system from the muffler back, to move forward without too much hassle would be appreciated. Doing this myself without a lift.

Thanks guys!

Rap19

Reaction score
I read where another member used a ratchet strap to rejoin the muffler to the trombone loop. I attached the strap to the frame in front of the trombone loop and the other end to the back of the muffler and slowly ratcheted the two sections together.

Attachments

• DB3D0852-3385-4792-B870-E48CCB03087D.jpeg
    DB3D0852-3385-4792-B870-E48CCB03087D.jpeg
    158.7 KB · Views: 72
  • 94FFEEE3-DFA1-4BF4-8A00-DD95B11CB8E4.jpeg
    94FFEEE3-DFA1-4BF4-8A00-DD95B11CB8E4.jpeg
    139.2 KB · Views: 68

FenixAmmo

Reaction score
Thats going to sound like trash. These are only *decent* in an all stock exhaust configuration.
We'll see. I think the Stainless Works dump system sounds pretty good so far. It's definitely grown on me, ESPECIALLY running around in Sport mode with my performance 93 tune and vented BOV. A lot of pops and high rev downshifts. I can't imagine the equal length pipe will make it sound worse.

To each his own. I've been cruising down on Woodward a couple nights a week and it turns heads.

TXRaaptor

@thebeardedbrand
Reaction score
Is that completely stock with just the trombone?
Yup - bone Stock exhaust system bar the SPD ”trombone” resonator delete. Sounds great under full load and got some nice pops and crackles too. Very pleased!

There’s a free-flow K&N drop-in filter replacement in the stock air intake setup.

BoostCreep

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Yup - bone Stock exhaust system bar the SPD ”trombone” resonator delete. Sounds great under full load and got some nice pops and crackles too. Very pleased!

There’s a free-flow K&N drop-in filter replacement in the stock air intake setup.

Any drone?

TXRaaptor

@thebeardedbrand
Reaction score
Any drone?
I’ll aim to record the sound from the interior with my GoPro Hero 10 black so you can judge for yourself. I don’t feel like there’s any issue personally.

Non-intrusive under normal conditions. If you get on it you definitely hear the difference and there’s some great crackles etc. at full chat and on downshifts

TXRaaptor

@thebeardedbrand
Reaction score
So I did get some footage recorded, but the file is large given it’s from a GoPro… any tips to post here given the file size limitations on the forum? I’m not a YouTuber where I can post to my channel and share a link?! :D

TXRaaptor

@thebeardedbrand
Reaction score
Just finished up checking the connections are still tight after about 500-600 miles or so of use. Will need to use the phone to record interior sound as the GoPro footage is way too big to upload here. Here’s a little throttle action in the garage for you though…
View attachment trim.0E81991E-222D-44AC-A2A4-E5B2627D5C6D.MOV