SPD Catted Downpipes

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Poidog

Reaction score
Hey guys I have a '19 and I just put the SPD Catted downpipes, SPD Turbo Adapters and Flanges in the truck, but the downpipes are touching the back of the rock guard/skid plate, thus creating an occasional rattle. Does anyone know if this is normal for these dp's? If so any solution other than cutting the plate. Thanks in Advance!

Booth9999

Professional basket weaver level 7
Reaction score
Mine did the same thing. You need to loosen up the clamps and push them up and tighten back up. I wedges a piece of wood in there to get the clearance I wanted and took it out when it was tight. Disclaimer: they seem to come down when I beat on it hard so I tried to tighten it up a few weeks ago and snapped it off( the clamp). I got a standard 3” exhaust clamp and it seems to be holding better. Good luck let me know what you come up with

nikhsub1

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Not sure why SPD can't get their shit together and make the downpipes ******* actually fit. This is keeping me from getting them.

ljn21

FRF Addict
Reaction score
any exhaust clips with the downpipes and stock exhaust? Even better, downpipes, turbo adapters and stock exhaust!

Booth9999

Professional basket weaver level 7
Reaction score
any exhaust clips with the downpipes and stock exhaust? Even better, downpipes, turbo adapters and stock exhaust!
I have them both and love the sound. Sound almost straight piped when you get on it, stock on easy throttle.

ljn21

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I have them both and love the sound. Sound almost straight piped when you get on it, stock on easy throttle.

When you say straight pipe, I am picturing tons of rasp and tin can marbles...i am looking for more volume, possiblt deeper tone but zero metallic rasp...why cant it sound like the Ford GT...