SPD catted downpipes with turbo adapters plus borla atak exhaust

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

WideBody

Reaction score
Hey all—im having SPD catted downpipes with turbo adapters installed next week while at the same time the Borla atak. It was not the plan, I was only going with borla atak but through forum recommendations I got sent to SPD to look at turbo adapters and ended up getting them plus the catted down pipes after talking to Jacob at spd who is great. He warned me that the downpipes will add sound and make it louder. I told him I have the atak as well and he said it will be crazy loud. I can’t find online anywhere where someone has the atak and the SPd setup and I want to see if anyone does and can share video and sound. I don’t mind loud but only if it sounds good and not crazy loud with terrible sound. I want to see really how loud it would be and what type of sound. If it’s too much I’ll skip the atak. If anyone knows anybody with this setup or have video can you share? Opinions welcome. Spent a long time trying to decide “best” exhaust And the corsa vs borla. Now this added another wrench and don’t want to f$$$ it up. Thanks

OP
OP
WideBody

WideBody

Reaction score
@Stroked out thank you. This is what I need. An idea if obnoxious or not. Thanks for input. I want “more” exhaust sound but not obnoxious. Will the Downpipes alone do it or you suggest the awe set up as well?

dixonk

HMFIC
Reaction score
It doesn’t take much to make these trucks loud. Even just a corsa muffler replacement made my truck loud. Making these trucks sound good will be a challenge, subjectively the solution has yet to be found. Unless of course you can figure out a way to get the Ford GT sound out of it.

Muchmore

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I haven't heard any version of the atac's that aren't too raspy. At least the Corsa's seem to be loud but at least knock some of that raspy sound out.

Reaper308

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I agree with Stroked Out, I have done a Roush cat back exhaust and it truly wasn’t a cat back it was a resonator back exhaust and between 2000-2500RPM the drone made me want to stab an ice pick guy n my ear! It was on a week before removing! I ended up with a Ford Performance Cat back by Borla. The exhaust is perfect in my opinion. AWE makes a great product as well and a lot of guys on here use them I’ve heard nothing but good things at a great price. I think if you do what your original idea with the ATAK down pipes you will not enjoy the truck. I would go with Jacobs advice just my thoughts good luck.

Ka-Kaw

Reaction score
Atak on these trucks is louder than my neighbors prefer, lol. Pretty obnoxious.
I have SPD adapters, downpipes and an exhaust from SPD. I love the sound. I’d describe it as aggressive.

Congrats on your truck!

Booth9999

Professional basket weaver level 7
Reaction score
That’s gonna be too loud! I have SPD turbo adapters and downpipe’s ford stock exhaust and a Cobb intake and it sounds just loud enough when you want it to under full throttle

Todd Turbo S

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I can’t comment on the SPD downpipe’s, but I initially installed the Corsa extreme, which basically is a Corsa Sport Mufflers with straight pipes, deleting the sound resonator. It was obnoxious to my neighbors and my wife made me take it off right away. I personally liked the sound but there was a bit of a drown in the cabin. Now that I’ve taken the straight pipes off and replace the OEM sound resonator, it’s a nice deeper tone over OEM exhaust with just the Corsa sport mufflers.