Sparkplugs & wiring done, and

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
Sage

Sage

FRF Addict
Reaction score
16 mpg damn I wish I was that disciplined
Not that disciplined! I did drive in\through 3 towns and made several stops. But, speed limit on my drive was 60mph, 2 lane boony highway. The other thing is none of it is flat all rolling hills. My "real" mileage is more like 15.4-15.6 under the same conditions with an occasional to the metal just to make sure the V8 still sounds and works correctly.......

OP
OP
Sage

Sage

FRF Addict
Reaction score
If you get that socket (I think it was from Amazon) it's not that hard. Tower one is not that bad with a mirror on one side. $500....... That's what Ford quoted me. I haven't made $500 in 5 hrs before this! I was quoted $500 to do the shocks (just changing).

$1000.00 in 3 part days. I'm retired and I still have about $750 in my pocket after buying parts.

Irregular F150

its terrain good sir!
Reaction score
If you get that socket (I think it was from Amazon) it's not that hard. Tower one is not that bad with a mirror on one side. $500....... That's what Ford quoted me. I haven't made $500 in 5 hrs before this! I was quoted $500 to do the shocks (just changing).

$1000.00 in 3 part days. I'm retired and I still have about $750 in my pocket after buying parts.
Im sure it’s easier than i think, im more worried about breaking one and then id be hosed cause i have no idea how id fix that or if itd be ruining something if i drove it to get fixed. (Probably a low chance but its there) lol. Ive been looking into the different tools and have found a few different ones.

I work at a dealer and get a good rate so thats why i was thinking of letting them do it. But we’ll see when i get other maintenance work done first lol

Jakenbake

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Im sure it’s easier than i think, im more worried about breaking one and then id be hosed cause i have no idea how id fix that or if itd be ruining something if i drove it to get fixed. (Probably a low chance but its there) lol. Ive been looking into the different tools and have found a few different ones.

I work at a dealer and get a good rate so thats why i was thinking of letting them do it. But we’ll see when i get other maintenance work done first lol
We watch a YouTube channel called Rainman ray’s or something. He is a mechanic. Pretty good channel, I like watching to see if I can guess his trouble shoot procedure. Otherwise it is good to see repetition for diagnosing issues.

Anyways, he did a 5.4 once and used an impact as he said he has had better “luck” getting the plugs out without breaking them that way. Thought that was interesting.

OP
OP
Sage

Sage

FRF Addict
Reaction score
The deep holes in the head and the fact that the socket has very little slop in those holes would make breaking one almost difficult to do. You really do need to stick an air hose in there to blow out any crud. The same deep holes and little slop makes putting them back in easy too.