Spark Plug Change $120.00

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
Buzzard2

Buzzard2

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Plugs arrived yesterday, so I will be ready to go Saturday morning. Just need to pick up the copper anti seize and a plug gapping tool.

OP
OP
Buzzard2

Buzzard2

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Did the passenger side lower second from the rear (one of the easier ones) Last night wasn't too bad, plug was in tighter than I expected. I will remove the tire for the other three. 1 down 15 to go.

Canuck714

FRF Addict
Reaction score
You don't need to remove anything from the motor or the fender liners. It takes an hour or two, with 3/8 long & short extensions, sparkplug socket, ratchet and swivel. Just go thru the gap between the fender liner & frame. Also don't forget never seize on threads when installing the new plugs. Steel & aluminum aren't friendly to each other. Service interval is 100K so I only did it once on my Gen 1, and I can't quite remember if I took the wheel off for easier access, maybe so.

Did mine not that long ago.
With a Supercharger, its a pain in the ass... You have to pull intake tube and throttlebody/Elbow to get to back two on Drivers Side. You dont need to pull liners of anything else. Pulling a wheel off allows you to get up in there a little better, I did it to make life easier.
As noted above, swivel, extensions, good plug socket etc. are all you need to get it done.

Helps if you are skinny, have a second wrist on right arm and have a steady supply of beer.

OP
OP
Buzzard2

Buzzard2

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Finally got the nerve to tackle the job yesterday, actually went better than I thought took about 4.5 hrs. I had visions of plugs snapping off, threads stripping and money flowing to a real mechanic to fix my screw up. Lots of great tips on this forum for doing the job. I believe it is a Tekton plug socket with swivel is vital to the job. Lassoing the boots with a piece of small rope or leather shoe lace to pull them free was a great tip to save the wires. I feel a real sense of accomplishment and satisfaction of doing it myself.
Nothing feels better than saving money and doing the job right nobody cares as much about your truck as you do.
Thanks again to the great members on this forum.

Ricoman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Did mine not that long ago.
With a Supercharger, its a pain in the ass... You have to pull intake tube and throttlebody/Elbow to get to back two on Drivers Side. You dont need to pull liners of anything else. Pulling a wheel off allows you to get up in there a little better, I did it to make life easier.
As noted above, swivel, extensions, good plug socket etc. are all you need to get it done.

Helps if you are skinny, have a second wrist on right arm and have a steady supply of beer.

LOL..been thinking of doing mine...still got time,only 55K on it....but after reading 'With Supercharger..its a pain"...might of just persuaded me to make the dreaded trip to the Dealer...Dont know if I can still hang over the front end of a truck like I use to...Loved your photo of Mechanic-Mid-Air-In Flight..you look like a man on a mission..!!

allinon72

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Finally got the nerve to tackle the job yesterday, actually went better than I thought took about 4.5 hrs. I had visions of plugs snapping off, threads stripping and money flowing to a real mechanic to fix my screw up. Lots of great tips on this forum for doing the job. I believe it is a Tekton plug socket with swivel is vital to the job. Lassoing the boots with a piece of small rope or leather shoe lace to pull them free was a great tip to save the wires. I feel a real sense of accomplishment and satisfaction of doing it myself.
Nothing feels better than saving money and doing the job right nobody cares as much about your truck as you do.
Thanks again to the great members on this forum.
:chewie: