Spare tire valve stem extension?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Seven

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Has anyone used a type of valve stem extension on the spare tire so you can measure and add air if necessary without dropping the tire? I usually check the tire yearly and thought, why not add a length of hose so I do not need to drop the tire. If anyone has done this, how long did you make the extension?

Thanks.

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
If you’re going to the trouble of dropping the tire, spend the ... what? 40 bucks or so and pick up a spare TPMS and bring the spare into tire rotation!

Get more miles from you KO2’s and know that your spare is not as neglected most. Take the TPMS into a shop or stealership service, have the spare --road force-- balanced with TPMS installed.

Just a suggestion.

Adan

Reaction score
I'd lean more towards what smurfslayer suggests.

If you off-road a good amount, definitely put it in the rotation and you'll probably be dropping it from under the bed and carrying it in the bed instead. I have 2 spares and keep them both in rotation.

If you don't off-road enough and the spare just stays underneath full-time, I'd still put a TPMS sensor in it and include it in the rotation. Whoever does your service/tire rotation should be able to do it so you won't ever have to deal with pulling it out. A little extra cost, but zero effort for you, and you end up with 5 even tires and confidence in your spare.