Spare Tire Max Size?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mr_beaverhousen

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm currently running the stock tires on a 9" setup rather than the original 8.5". My spare is currently set up with the original wheel, but as my sales manager wants to buy my OEM wheels, I would like to replace the spare with the same setup. Anyone replace their spare with a wider setup and have any issues?

Raptor911

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I think some guys have run a 37 as a spare but only run into problems with clearance of you run a bigger diff cover. I am sure 35s on a 9-inch rim has to smaller in diameter than 37s.

Come to think about it . I don't think you will have issues as a 9-inch wide rim will only make the spare hang lower by .5 inch. Making the diameter bigger is what you want to avoid.

Last edited:
OP
OP
M

mr_beaverhousen

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks, 911. I was fairly confident as the diameter definitely wouldn't be bigger. Would like to do a setup with it in the bed, but I use that space too often and need a cover.