Spare tire Delete/Removal.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Wolfman66

Reaction score
Has anyone tried running a Raptor with spare tire removed? I know it is risky for off Road but I love how a truck handles and rides after removal of all that weight on rear end. Noticeably faster as well. If taking trip I carry tire in bed or on trailer. Also carry tire plugs and fixaflat, but still some risk. Been bite once doing this. But if gain is big enough I might try it. Has anyone tried this and is performance worth it?

MurderedOutSVT

Brodozin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I run 37x13.5 and that won't fit in the spare tire area. Like you said, keep plugs. Fix a flat screws up wheels. Lots of folks aroind here have the off road bed rack

OP
OP
W

Wolfman66

Reaction score
Yea, Murphy law is just too strong a factor here, so I won’t do it. But it is 100# and if drag race a similar truck, you will beat them by one or two car lenghts plus truck handles better and adds 100# to tongue weight for towing

MRV99

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So what your saying is that if I “race” my truck with 13 less gallons in the tank I will get 2-3 truck lengths…. SWEET! I am going to convert my36 tank to a 26 and I know that tank will sell…