Spacers a good idea?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

AJ-Raptor

Reaction score
Controversial issue but I'm thinking of adding 2-3" high-quality spacers to my stock set up. Reason? I like the tires to be out of the body for a more intimidating stance and better protection as well as a bit more roll resistance off-road.

Aaron

Meme Corps Commandant
Reaction score
Most will say no. However I've seen high quality 2" spacers hold up in some extreme circumstances. Don't skimp on quality if you do it.

t_j

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I ran trailsport 4x4 1.75" spacers for a while so I could use stock wheels with my new LCA/UCA dual shock setup. No problems, make sure you buy a decent hubcentric spacer and follow the instructions for torquing them down.

D

Deleted member 12951

Pretty much a religious argument this topic is.

Anyway they are used a log in all sorts of applications including racing, worth watching:

That was 1/4" spacers that were modified for hub centric and replacing studs with longer and stronger.

The OP is wanting to do 2-3" spacers, 3" spacers??? Maybe 1.25" and hub and done right but cannot see how a 3" would be a good idea on this truck.

t_j

FRF Addict
Reaction score
That was 1/4" spacers that were modified for hub centric and replacing studs with longer and stronger.

The OP is wanting to do 2-3" spacers, 3" spacers??? Maybe 1.25" and hub and done right but cannot see how a 3" would be a good idea on this truck.

Depends on how often he's willing to replace parts, same can be said for 20"s with crazy offset.

They will be safe if they are well made and installed correctly, will they cause faster wear on bearings and other parts sure.

I certainly would not install spacers larger than absolutely required to allow parts to fit without interfering.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TwistAir

Latest posts