SP-578 plugs

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jwkhd1

Reaction score
Took my 2018 Raptor in for service today. Had them change spark plugs while it was there. When I picked it up they had installed SP-578 plugs in lieu of the SP534's. I was told that was the replacement . I have seen SP-580's listed as a replacement so what is the SP-578?

thanks J W

OP
OP
jwkhd1

jwkhd1

Reaction score
Took my 2018 Raptor in for service today. Had them change spark plugs while it was there. When I picked it up they had installed SP-578 plugs in lieu of the SP534's. I was told that was the replacement . I have seen SP-580's listed as a replacement so what is the SP-578?

thanks J W
Any one ?

tlnt60

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Why did you want the plugs replaced? How many miles? I have an issue where the truck stubbles at freeway speeds with on throttle and I have a pretty good shimmy at idle. I was told to use the SP-542s, but if the dealer is suggesting a different plug, I’m interested in it.
Any info would be awesome!

OP
OP
jwkhd1

jwkhd1

Reaction score
Why did you want the plugs replaced? How many miles? I have an issue where the truck stubbles at freeway speeds with on throttle and I have a pretty good shimmy at idle. I was told to use the SP-542s, but if the dealer is suggesting a different plug, I’m interested in it.
Any info would be awesome!
I had a little over 13,000 muies . Just changed to try to improve overall performance. I am trying to find out what these plugs are . I can't find any information here or in other forums.

tlnt60

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I had a little over 13,000 muies . Just changed to try to improve overall performance. I am trying to find out what these plugs are . I can't find any information here or in other forums.

So the million dollar question is - did the plugs help at all?

also, I would call ford and see which plugs they use in the reg 3.5 and 2.7, maybe they sold you the wrong ones?

Dustan

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I ordered some sp-542 plugs from amazon and they sent me sp-578’s and when I asked what was up, they stated they are direct replacements. I sent them back but would love more information

OP
OP
jwkhd1

jwkhd1

Reaction score
So the million dollar question is - did the plugs help at all?

also, I would call ford and see which plugs they use in the reg 3.5 and 2.7, maybe they sold you the wrong ones?
I think the truck runs fine with these plugs . It is completely stock (for now ). Waiting for Cobb tune with trans tune. The 10 speed is my biggest complaint with this truck.