Southwest Colorado Raptor Adventure

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
treypal

treypal

Lord of the Raptors
Reaction score
I will post. Tentative schedule tomorrow. Would have done it today but I forgot my trails book at home.

BDRAG

HAhahaaaa.
Reaction score
I am gonna be in Salida for sure arriving there on the afternoon of June 23rd, Saturday around 5:00pm. So it would be great to hook up for a meet and greet in a town, Durango, Eruray or some place one evnin atleast. Again I may be on the Buell or if it was where My buddy Mike and I could meet you guy's and do a day run and head back for more bike riding, or hell, maybe I can get him to do a 4 wheeler meet where we can hook up on a pass. HAhaa.

Anyway, I will be in state! HAhaaaaaaa. Hope some of us can meet. Always enjoy meeting fellow raptor and forum folk.......

Marc

OP
OP
treypal

treypal

Lord of the Raptors
Reaction score
Ok, Here is the tentative schedule of events. The dates are almost firm we may move everything back a day so instead of June 27 start June 26, also the destinations could change a little bit.

June 27 9:00 AM: Meet in Lake City location TBD
10:00 AM: Depart for Alpine Loop taking Cinnamon Pass to Animas Forks.
Animas Forks to Ouray via California Pass and Corkscrew Gulch.
Hwy Transit to Ouray, stay in or around Ouray.
June 28 8:00 AM: Meet at Imogene Trail Head depart 8:30
Imogene Pass into Telluride. Spend 2-3 Hours in Telluride.
Hwy Transit to Ophir Pass.
Ophir Pass to Silverton. Stay in or around Silverton.
June 29 8:00 AM: Meet in Silverton location TBD
8:30 AM: Silverton to Animas Forks with possible side trips.
Animas Forks to Lake City via Engineer Pass.
Or
Animas Forks to American basin to hike Handies Peak. (if its not too late in the day)

Phyguy

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Ok, Here is the tentative schedule of events. The dates are almost firm we may move everything back a day so instead of June 27 start June 26, also the destinations could change a little bit.

Or
Animas Forks to American basin to hike Handies Peak. (if its not too late in the day)

Let's Do EEEETTTT

BDRAG

HAhahaaaa.
Reaction score
I just sent my buddy in Salida an Email. I think we could hook up on that Wed. the 27th with you guy's in Lake City and do a day run and hang in Ourey and then head back early so we could still get in a half day on the bikes. We will see.............

BDRAG

BDRAG

HAhahaaaa.
Reaction score
Update: My Buddy Mike says he thinks the lake city to Ourey and stay in Ourey that night and head back the next day is what we will prolly do. Mike said, we better make plans for a motel in Ourey soon. It gets booked up quik. He wants to stay at The Comfort inn. He ALWAYS stays in those places when we take road trips. Must be from his old days on the road as a saleman. AHhahaaa. So I think we will book this week. See ta there ......

Mike says, from Animas to Ourey is a little more challaging. Says he did it on ATV'S last year, easy on an atv but says from what he remembers its pretty damn narrow, Says he will ride in the bed so he can jump out if he needs too! HAhaa. Is Mike full of shit or will it be kindanarrow for the Beasts?

BDRAG

BDRAG

HAhahaaaa.
Reaction score

Or

So did ya FIRM up the dates yet? Also, how many are gonna be there? I hope to hook up for a day, Lake City and then stay in Ourey. So get me a firm date bubba. Ahahaaaaaaa.

BDRAG