Southwest Colorado Raptor Adventure

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BDRAG

HAhahaaaa.
Reaction score
So My buddy Mike that lives in Salida has ridden all these or most on 4 wheelers. He says there are A LOT OF NARROW places he doubts or trucks can go. Imput? I am planning on a trip out to see him in June or July to ride bikes. May make a day trip down to hang atleast. WHen ya get definate dates and motel info, let me know. I may be on a bike and not it the truck but the parking lot action would be a hoot! AHhaa. We will see.............

BDRAG

OP
OP
treypal

treypal

Lord of the Raptors
Reaction score
So My buddy Mike that lives in Salida has ridden all these or most on 4 wheelers. He says there are A LOT OF NARROW places he doubts or trucks can go. Imput? I am planning on a trip out to see him in June or July to ride bikes. May make a day trip down to hang atleast. WHen ya get definate dates and motel info, let me know. I may be on a bike and not it the truck but the parking lot action would be a hoot! AHhaa. We will see.............

BDRAG

I hear that a lot, but my truck has been on quite a few of these trails. Some with my Brother in Law driving. Our trick is to run a bike as well. Guy on bike has a radio,

Runs way ahead on the pass, and calls back traffic so we can find a place to pull off if needed. Works out great, and I will be using this system this year too. Worst comes to Worst, you have a backup camera right?

I should have dates very soon, like before next monday soon. Not sure about motel info. Was planning on winging it.

Trails treypal's Rapturd has done with zero problems.

Cinnamon Pass
Engineer Pass Access from both Animas Forks and HWY 550
Ophir Pass
Nellie Creek Road
American Basin
Jarosa Mesa
Bristol Head and Heart Lake
The Bachelor Loop with some of the side trails.

Phyguy

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I hear that a lot, but my truck has been on quite a few of these trails. Some with my Brother in Law driving. Our trick is to run a bike as well. Guy on bike has a radio,

Runs way ahead on the pass, and calls back traffic so we can find a place to pull off if needed. Works out great, and I will be using this system this year too. Worst comes to Worst, you have a backup camera right?

I should have dates very soon, like before next monday soon. Not sure about motel info. Was planning on winging it.

Trails treypal's Rapturd has done with zero problems.

Cinnamon Pass
Engineer Pass Access from both Animas Forks and HWY 550
Ophir Pass
Nellie Creek Road
American Basin
Jarosa Mesa
Bristol Head and Heart Lake
The Bachelor Loop with some of the side trails.

See ya there, brother! Should be a helluva time. Colorado is awesome (as you know).

AngryBird

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The only passes I would worry about the Raptor on is black bear and poughkeepsie gulch.

Me at "The Wall" on Poughkeepsie...

Picture.jpg

Phyguy

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Treypal...what is the amber light you run on the back of your truck. I probably don't need it much out here, but I want one for when I go run the CORE track or any other dusty trails as the summer kicks in. You have it set up to be removable/collapsable, right?

It helped a ton when I was following you to the shop at the ranch in the dust plume.

Matt

Phyguy

FRF Addict
Reaction score
neighbor just bought a ranch in co

We're looking at a ranch too...well, nothing like TRR's ranch, but 20+ acres, 6 car garrage with lift, barn, etc...

Probably can't do it this year, but in four months all of our debt should be paid except for our mortgage...looking to open up the options then.

Where abouts is your buddy's place?

Wilson

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I'm not positive. it's an actual cow ranch tho he drives to and from must be by the Nebraska and Wyoming border. this south Dakota boy drove threw Denver one time that's enough for me made it all the way to Phoenix and back last year went to galveston first time seeing the kinda ocean says the 11 year old dad it's not the ocean