Southern California Meetup

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Hdaniel85

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hi all,

A few people took interest in getting together sometime in October to meetup.

I am a big night sky person, I love taking photos of the stars/milky way, so there's a new moon on the weekend of 10/16!

I am thinking of a few different locations?

Option 1:

Trona Pinnacles to Saline Valley Road

Option 2:

100 mile run through the Movaje.

Obviously both options I would want to at least stay the night out in the desert, go out Saturday late morning/afternoon. Meetup somewhere then head into the desert, stay the night then head out Sunday morning?

I have a drone, GoPro's (360 and hero 7) and some decent DSLR gear. I would like to get a ton of media and put together a short video of the trip.

If anyone is interested let me know! Photos for attention

2Y7A1358-Edit.jpg

2Y7A5499-Pano-Edit-Edit.jpg

PlainJane

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I would like to join the group, I have done most of the eastern end of the Mojave Road, but I assume we would be running the faster Parallel roads. Never heard of the Trona Pinnacles until your post, I have wanted to do Saline Valley Road to Warm Springs.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Hdaniel85

Hdaniel85

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I would like to join the group, I have done ,most of the eastern end of the Mojave Road, but I assume we would be running the faster Parallel roads. Never heard of the Trona Pinnacles until your post, I have want to do Saline Valley Road to Warm Springs.

I've done that this year actually, its a pretty fun drive. Saline Valley Road is great, I've taken it from one end to the other, there are some parts where you can go high speed too. There's also sand dunes nearby, so that's another option.

Lilla Kharn

Namaste
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I’d like to go! I’m hopefully getting the truck in the next couple weeks so it should be here by then!

JesseMoody

Reaction score
Waiting on delivery of my Raptor today. Just got a 2014 and can't wait to explore more of So Cal. I live up here in the West San Fernando Valley (Los Angeles).