South Padre

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

John M BUNMAN

BUNMAN-Adventures, Rescue & Recovery
Reaction score
We took a 10k mile Toad Trip a couple or years ago and we stopped in South Padre. Beautiful KOA on the Ocean. I had to rescue 3 trucks in our short 3mile drive down the beach.
I WAS SO SAD, DISGUSTED AND ANGRY at the condition of the beach!!
It looked like a F#<~king Border Crossing in Nogales!!Trash EVERYWHERE!! Foam coolers, every food trash imaginable, dirty diapers. When you pay to enter the beach, they GIVE YOU A MF TRASH-BAG!! If you return it full they give you your entry fee back! I Hate People, No Offense ;)

F537BF1A-FC37-4C67-9921-8C8D3DD261AA.jpeg

4F2D0358-16EB-4EBE-A6D9-2EAD84CB9B61.jpeg

A311FE4F-60B7-4FCC-96F0-003C0E496699.jpeg

3EC903D5-0FE6-4349-80ED-F2D91F91A9A8.jpeg

Pikser

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have a condo in SPI.
If you use beach access #6 after 6pm its free
If you do pay i use the bag to clean out my truck.
Really a nice drive north to the Pot Mansfield cut.

Also try Boca Chica, beach is empty and you drive past Space x.

RonPorter

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sweet trailer....

Talk about filthy beaches....

So the new proposal is to put homeless camps on the beach 200' from my house. Amazing how absolutely retarded LA is. I say do it! Wont last long until all these libtards will be voting for Republican change. Guess LA doesn't understand their tax base. Stupid retards.

Last edited:

GCATX

King Dingaling
Reaction score
We took a 10k mile Toad Trip a couple or years ago and we stopped in South Padre. Beautiful KOA on the Ocean. I had to rescue 3 trucks in our short 3mile drive down the beach.
I WAS SO SAD, DISGUSTED AND ANGRY at the condition of the beach!!
It looked like a F#<~king Border Crossing in Nogales!!Trash EVERYWHERE!! Foam coolers, every food trash imaginable, dirty diapers. When you pay to enter the beach, they GIVE YOU A MF TRASH-BAG!! If you return it full they give you your entry fee back! I Hate People, No Offense ;)

View attachment 165493

View attachment 165494

View attachment 165495

View attachment 165496

I think a lot of the trash comes down the Rio Grande River and floats up the coast, unfortunately. I guess we need a wall at the mouth of the river too. I haven't been to the lower part of the island in years, but other parts seemed about normal last year.

Years ago, we camped at the Southern part of the island and I found a note in a bottle that had floated down the Rio Grande. It was from a school kid that lived in Mexico. It said "Don't drink the water."

Seriously though, I did find a note and it came from up the river. Pretty cool.

OP
OP
John M BUNMAN

John M BUNMAN

Reaction score
I have a condo in SPI.
If you use beach access #6 after 6pm its free
If you do pay i use the bag to clean out my truck.
Really a nice drive north to the Pot Mansfield cut.

Also try Boca Chica, beach is empty and you drive past Space x.
Thank you Sir, we are going to try and make it back soon. My Heart belongs in TX. Lived in Austin 7yrs after getting off Active Duty. My brother and I use to ride the Hill Country every day off. Stop at the Oldest Bakery in TX? In Fredricksberg. BBQ in Johnson City, Love TX. Keep it Strong Strong down there brother, the communists are coming your way :(

KOBRA2848

Full Access Member
Reaction score
We used to camp and fish on PINS all the time and a lot of the trash comes ashore. It would **** me off whenever we would come across and abandoned campsite which normally happened if a storm came through during the night and people bailed. We always made sure to bring out more trash than we took in and PINS made it easy with a large roll off at the exit.

Mark

Medic 6

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Spent a lot time in San Antonio over my military career. Texas is an awesome place, South Padre is fun too. People need to take responsibility for their actions, clean up after yourselves.

OP
OP
John M BUNMAN

John M BUNMAN

Reaction score
Spent a lot time in San Antonio over my military career. Texas is an awesome place, South Padre is fun too. People need to take responsibility for their actions, clean up after yourselves.
Ahhhh, Ft Sam and Camp Bullock ...Memories