Source for new/rebuilt engines?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

KRoyal

Reaction score
My 2012 is getting on up there in miles (160K). Although the engine is still running fine, I've been looking and can't really seem to find anything. I don't want a high performance engine, just the stock 6.2L. Anyone know of a source for them? Thanks

ROCKETW19

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My 2012 is getting on up there in miles (160K). Although the engine is still running fine, I've been looking and can't really seem to find anything. I don't want a high performance engine, just the stock 6.2L. Anyone know of a source for them? Thanks
you want to buy a new Motor? what are you looking for? any machine shop motor builder can rebuild yours. id have to look at liveronius (sp?) parts and compare the pricing for their 6.6 to the stock stuff. might be worth it to you to go 6.6 it might not but at least youll know the cost.

OP
OP
KRoyal

KRoyal

Reaction score
Correct, just a new engine. Like you can buy a crate engine from ford or chevy, is there anyone out there that sells a crate engine for the Raptor.

I've looked at Livernois before and the 6.6 the complete engine is 20K, while the shortblock is 7K. Both of which are meant to handle heavy HP which is not what I want for my truck. I have a 2014 Roush Mustang if I want to go fast. Raptor is primarily used for everyday driving, trails, and hunting.

So I should just try contacting an engine rebuilder around my area? What does one normally cost to rebuild?

ROCKETW19

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Correct, just a new engine. Like you can buy a crate engine from ford or chevy, is there anyone out there that sells a crate engine for the Raptor.

I've looked at Livernois before and the 6.6 the complete engine is 20K, while the shortblock is 7K. Both of which are meant to handle heavy HP which is not what I want for my truck. I have a 2014 Roush Mustang if I want to go fast. Raptor is primarily used for everyday driving, trails, and hunting.

So I should just try contacting an engine re-builder around my area? What does one normally cost to rebuild?
Roush Mustang nice and def faster then your truck.
i would rebuild over buying a new one Id bet 20K for a new bone stock motor just a guess though. call the dealer I know Ford performance is selling crate motors I just seen a coyote in a old F100
no idea how much to rebuild a motor sorry but look up performance shops in your area and tell them what you want to do. it will all depend on parts used for the exact price but the labor will all be the same. I would be interested in what they say price wise if you find out post it up please.

it might be better to just keep driving it if no issues you might get 50 or 100K more miles? good luck either way

OP
OP
KRoyal

KRoyal

Reaction score
I've see the Coyote crate engines they're only around 7K shipped for a brand new engine. However, can't seem to find anything like that from Ford Performance for the Raptor.

I'm just like to have a plan in place, I'm not getting it rebuilt until it goes. I could probably pull another 50-100K miles out of it. I'm just bored at work and was wondering if anyone else had dealt with this before because I couldn't seem to find anything about it.