sound deadening manny's truck

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

The Car Stereo Company

aka grumpy car stereo guy
Supporting Member
Reaction score
manny is a local guy (and frf member manny) who, we have become good friends. for the past 6 months or so he started coming in on his day off (fridays) to help out here at the shop. he said he finds my type of work "therapeutic"..... not sure how, but i wont argue with him since he was helping for free. he was always interested in a small upgrade to his system, but didnt know how far he wanted to go. well, i made that descision for him and turned his truck into a mid level demo truck. with the help of our jl and focal rep, we built his system based on an upgraded version to our level 2 setup. the first step was sound deadening. i have had a lot of questions regarding sound deadeningon the roof, so here are a few pictures of his roof. we did the entire cab with focal bam. a complete job like his, took 3 rolls of material. we have both layers of metal in all the doors, floor, back wall, and the roof.

here is the list of equipment in manny's truck

focal bam sound deadening
jl audio c3 front and rear speakers
jl audio hd900/5 amplifier
jl audio 10tw3 subwoofer
mosconi 6to8 sound processor

and since manny has been here so much, we let him build his own box. he did a good job on it and his system sounds great.

Attachments

• DSC_5777.jpg
    DSC_5777.jpg
    92.2 KB · Views: 200
  • DSC_5780.jpg
    DSC_5780.jpg
    97.5 KB · Views: 161

robnfl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
When I was mounting the cargo net behind the rear seats I noticed that there wasn't any material (sound deadening?) between the rear interior board (plastic?) and the exterior metal wall. Have you guys placed any sound deadening material back there? I would think that there would be quite a bit of road noise coming from back there.