Sound Deadening/blocking advice

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jhollowell

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm looking to add some acoustic treatment to the floor of my truck (2011 SCREW). I've already added Soundskins Pro to all 4 doors and want to move on to the floor. I'm looking at 3 options. Curious if its worth the extra money to have more MLV on the floor? I was assuming approx 40sq ft to do the whole floor but if anyone knows exactly how much i'll need that would help. i just took rough measurements.

1. SoundSkins Pro - .180thk and approx $7.50sq ft
2. Second Skin Damplifier Pro + Luxury Liner MLV - .200thk and approx $9.50sq ft
3. Second Skin Damplifier Pro + Luxury Liner Pro MLV - .450thk and approx $12.00sq ft

B E N

FRF Addict
Reaction score
The LLP is really nice if you can swing it. Remember you have to cover the entire floor for it to be effective, any holes are going to minimize the effect. You really should bring it all the way up the firewall and the back of the cab. Is your truck a crew or scab? If you are trying to accomplish a lot on a budget just run CLD on all the doors, roof, firewall, floor and rear of the cab it's the most effective for the $. Is there a specific sound you are trying to get rid of?

OP
OP
Jhollowell

Jhollowell

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Not trying to get rid of a specific sound, just trying to block out the road and wind noise so i get the best sound from the audio system.

B E N

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Do the door seal mod if you haven't yet, that should help with wind noise. CLD and Hydrophobic Melamine in the roof, LLP on the floor and rear cab wall. You didn't specify which size truck you have but I don't think 40 sq ft is enough. If you haven't looked at it already this is worth reading before you spend a bunch of money. https://www.sounddeadenershowdown.com/vehicle-area-treatments Specifically the area on floors/doors and roof.