SOTA wheels

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
R

r1_hauler

Reaction score
If it was me, and obviously it isn't in this instance, I would go with the 17's. I've had 17's on my truck since I got it, and haven't ever had a flat tire. Aired down a lot when off road. Climbed all over the mountains in Colorado. Blasted though the snow in Michigan. I was alway glad to have that extra rubber to keep from worrying about the tires. Plus, tires are easy to buy in that size and and cheaper, too. Just my $.02.....

This is true and I really would like Method NVs. I just messaged discount tire to see if they can get nvs in 17" and change the tires to 315/70/17s. Plus if I go this route I won't have to worry about my speedo being off.

HORN HIGH ACES

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This is true and I really would like Method NVs. I just messaged discount tire to see if they can get nvs in 17" and change the tires to 315/70/17s. Plus if I go this route I won't have to worry about my speedo being off.

Keep in mind that Method NV 17"s have a 0 offset where the 18"s have a +18 offset.

OP
OP
R

r1_hauler

Reaction score
Keep in mind that Method NV 17"s have a 0 offset where the 18"s have a +18 offset.

Even with 0 offset I should be ok especially since I will be running factory sized tires.

---------- Post added at 06:45 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:42 PM ----------

IMO stick with the 17 if you are going to be offroading much.

All depends on what discount tire can do for me. I don't really want to loose out on the sale. I purchased the wheels/tires when they ran $100 of every $400. But if they are willing to sell me the 17" wheels and 315/70/17 duratracs with the same deal I will go that route.

HORN HIGH ACES

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Agreed that a bunch of folks run them with stock sized tires and have little to no issues with rubbing, but take into account that they are going to throw more crap on the side of your truck. If you're rocking Yosemite Sam mudflaps, it's all good. :biggrin:

OP
OP
R

r1_hauler

Reaction score
Agreed that a bunch of folks run them with stock sized tires and have little to no issues with rubbing, but take into account that they are going to throw more crap on the side of your truck. If you're rocking Yosemite Sam mudflaps, it's all good. :biggrin:

that is all very true. And where would a guy find those Yosemite Sam flaps at lol :biggrin:

Carsten89

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If you like the look of the NVs, ProComp's Rockwell wheel is a similar look and they are hubcentric. Come in 17" and 18" both with 0 offset.

c17b2e0e89424738f56f5e09296f9e83.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited: