Sorry - Another Spark Plug Thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Quiker

Full Access Member
Reaction score
hunting a misfire P0301 - cylinder #1 - pulled the plug and found the ceramic cracked. I know that's causing the misfire but not convinced the it's my only issue...

On the plug from my truck - Motorcraft CYFS12YPCT

When I look at the Raptor supplement manual - it says the plugs are Motorcraft SP-534

I can't find that these are cross-reference to each other and in fact the same plug....

anyone know?

thanx

M3sparky

Full Access Member
Reaction score
sorry to bump into your thread i didnt want to make another one but i had similar issue recently, it was raining so i turned off trac and stability control, and was trying to do some fun drifting on a corner and my truck goes to limp mode and check engine light went on... so i stopped shut it off restarted it and it went away. well couple days later or so the check engine magically just pops up all of a sudden, so i went to check the codes on the nguage , and there was a bunch of codes for multiple cyclinder misfires, so i cleared them all and restarded the truck and check engine went away and havent had it come back since nor any codes , MPT told me that plenty of their customers go with MOTOCRAFT SP542's instead of the stock sp534 , since they are a step colder, i only have 4k miles on the truck or so, does anyone reccomend going to the SP542 plugs if tuned/stock?

OP- idk if this would help your truck like they suggested , just throwing it out there if this is a common thing that gets done on these trucks, that sucks that the ceramic is cracked sorry to hear that.

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
does anyone know the FRF ban interval for sasquatch77?

TXRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
@M3sparky I am using the SP 542s with my MPT 93 PRX tune. I was not having problems before I swapped the plugs and the truck has been running great with them.

M3sparky

Full Access Member
Reaction score
@M3sparky I am using the SP 542s with my MPT 93 PRX tune. I was not having problems before I swapped the plugs and the truck has been running great with them.

was there a reason to change the plugs so soon? or you had to change them already? ive just had those weird issues that one time, and never again so far. so i dont know if those plugs work better with this tune then il def change them to those as well.

0r30

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just changed mine at 14K miles. Replaced with stock.

b809167c97f78dec9a8b39d72dce187d.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk