Soooo bought a 2018 @ $7000 OFF msrp!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Msb.19d

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Good buy, I got mine today for msrp and pretty sure I could've gotten below but I had gave a deposit down 2 months ago for a custom build.. this was their 1st 2018 in and they called and said come get it for msrp if you want it, so I did. If I had not already built one to order their I would have haggled below msrp, these small ford dealers in NC are where people need to be looking to get good deals, the big ones still laugh at msrp but the small ones just wanna get your business and the sale

biturbomg

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Great deal and I would love to build one or pick one up close to what I want for even $3500 under msrp!

Enjoy!

Msb.19d

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So I see they charged you 4500 dollars for highway use tax, I'm not understanding why so much. I bought a 2018 raptor today in NC, it was 70,108 total and my highway use tax, which is the state tax is only 2,121.21

Attachments

• IMG_0887.jpg
    IMG_0887.jpg
    91.5 KB · Views: 44
Last edited:
D

Deleted member 12951

So I see they charged you 4500 dollars for highway use tax, I'm not understanding why so much. I bought a 2018 raptor today in NC, it was 70,108 total and my highway use tax, which is the state tax is only 2,121.21

Might want to crop that picture. It has your email and phone number on it....

Are you out of state?

cayenne

Full Access Member
Reaction score

If you read the entire thread, you would understand what his tax is based on. The math add's up.

Msb.19d

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I get so many junk calls and emails already I wouldn't even notice if I got more probably. It's really that bad, gotta change cell number soon it seems, thanks though.. your right

---------- Post added at 05:47 AM ---------- Previous post was at 05:46 AM ----------

Both trucks bought in NC, for about same price, how can his tax be thousands of dollars higher than mine? I'm not doubting you I just don't think it's right

cayenne

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I get so many junk calls and emails already I wouldn't even notice if I got more probably. It's really that bad, gotta change cell number soon it seems, thanks though.. your right

---------- Post added at 05:47 AM ---------- Previous post was at 05:46 AM ----------

Both trucks bought in NC, for about same price, how can his tax be thousands of dollars higher than mine? I'm not doubting you I just don't think it's right

Do you live in NC or GA? Entire first page explains that he bought out of state and they are paying GA sales tax on his behalf for registration/title etc... I'm assuming yours was lower because you live in NC

OP
OP
1mbrews8

1mbrews8

Reaction score
I'm in GA, where are you at?

---------- Post added at 04:51 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:49 PM ----------

Do you live in NC or GA? Entire first page explains that he bought out of state and they are paying GA sales tax on his behalf for registration/title etc... I'm assuming yours was lower because you live in NC

looks like he paid 3% tax so guessing he's living in NC?

OP
OP
1mbrews8

1mbrews8

Reaction score
So I said I'd post the dealer and all info today so here ya go!

It was Hilbish Ford in NC.

Salesmen I dealt with were Louie Slater (at first) and Charlie Brown (took over) (real name lol)

Good luck!

Mike