Soon to be new Raptor owner

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Gwain

Reaction score
Hey everyone, I’ve been ready a lot the past month threads in here but have not posted anything as of now. My son is about to be driving and I was looking into a used Raptor for him but now have decided to buy a new one for myself and pass him down my LX570. Used ones are so expensive with high miles so just makes more sense to get a new one. I’ve found a 19 a dealer is going $6500 off so once I can get over there this week seems that’s the deal I’m going to accept.
I do have several questions which I will start asking in other threads if I can find answers on previous threads. Thanks ahead for your help!

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
Welcome to FRF. If you can swing it, try to find a Rap without the twin panel moonroof. It’s notorious for weak track parts made of plastic and if you don’t use it frequently the glass can stick, bind and break the track pieces, sticking the glass open.
Most of the 802A trucks have this, but you can save yourself dealership visits and/or expensive post warranty repairs by not getting the moon roof.

goblues38

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Welcome to FRF. If you can swing it, try to find a Rap without the twin panel moonroof. It’s notorious for weak track parts made of plastic and if you don’t use it frequently the glass can stick, bind and break the track pieces, sticking the glass open.
Most of the 802A trucks have this, but you can save yourself dealership visits and/or expensive post warranty repairs by not getting the moon roof.

The sky is falling, the sky is falling!!!!!

Come on @smurfslayer ....... You and i see eye to eye on so many issues.......but I got to call BS on this one :p

Much like the cam phaser issue....don't let a few stories ruin a perfectly good moon roof for you.

melvimbe

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I acknowledge there have been issues with the roof, and I still could run into issues myself, but I absolutely love my sun/moon roof. My truck is a 17 that only had 1,900 miles on it when I got it, so the roof obviously wasn't used much, yet no issues.

I've had them on several vehicles before, and this is easily my favorite. The width of the Reptor makes it feel more wide open, and I don't get wind noise/vibration issues at higher speeds like I have before.

OP
OP
G

Gwain

Reaction score
Hey and thanks guys. One issue I am having is the interior. I drive a LX570 now, and even though it is a lot older still a lot better interior. Everything is leather and nothing rattles. I don’t like the old style look and all the plastic mixed in with some leather on the dash.
so in me saying this, it seems the 17-20 all look the exact same far as placement of parts for the interior. Will this be changing 10 or 12 months now for the 2021? or is the next model change not until 2022?
I drive a Dodge Rebel one time as a rental truck and loved its interior. I figured Ford has to step up its interior soon.