Sony subwoofer swap to Focal

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

trackguy3

Reaction score
I’m looking to gain floor space in my 2014 screw by replacing the existing Sony sub with a behind the seat subwoofer. I’ve seen folks using the Sound Ordinance powered sub, but I’m interested in the Focal Integration IBus 20. Has anyone heard that sub in person and can compare it to the existing Sony sub?

Cody Templeton

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Anything is going to be better than the stock Sony sub. That thing is only slightly above useless. As far as fitting a subwoofer behind the seat there is very little room back there. Originally I was going to try and use 2 fairly small subwoofers back there, but after researching and many suggestions I decided to just go with the JL TW3 under the passenger side rear seat.

The Car Stereo Company

aka grumpy car stereo guy
Supporting Member
Reaction score
the focal sub probably wont fit behind the seat when the seat fold up. as far as sound output, it will sound similiar to the oem just because of the fact its still using oem signal, and its a compact shallow sub. it will sound better at higher volumes, but not a substantial difference. we use those focal subs mostly for old porsches under a passenger seat since there is no room in those cars. adding a signal processor to it will definitely help with it