Something I noticed today...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
Seems that the Raptor does not like when a car makes a right hand turn into a parking lot in front of me. Three times so far the Pre-collision warning has triggered in the instrument cluster, front and center, blinking bright red. There was no unsafe distance, unsafe speed. The truck just seems to not like when the car in front of you exits stage right.

Anyone else experience the same? Is there a way to adjust the sensitivity on this one?

So I see this hasn’t changed from the Gen2.

Between Lucille and our Lincoln which uses basically the same setup, what I’ve observed is, your foot is either on the gas, or off but not on the brake and someone turns right in front of you, then you’re getting the collision alert if it’s what the vehicle thinks is possibly a collision. I find it a bit aggressive, spending decades in the metro DC area. I also found it’s not as much of a thing when you move to somewhere that’s not overcrowded.

I’ve adjusted the sensitivity down but still get the alerts and it kind of makes sense. You’re traveling at speed, and not breaking your stride but the 12 o’clock peasant car is slowing for a 90 degree turn into a driveway. The Rap thinks - ‘hey, this knucklehead pilot isn’t paying ATTENTION, so I’ll wake his/her lazy butt up ( and not get my face smashed in ). These trucks aren’t dumb.

I can get the alert if coming up on someone turning left at an intersection and I see that if I let off the gas, coast for a bit, the car will make the turn long before I get there. Lucille is thinking ‘dude, I’m not trying to face press into the back of this peasant car, slow down a little, eh?!’

jeanco

2019 scab
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yeah, really the tinitus is the worst part, but you grow used to it after a while.

I was a Mk-19 gunner also in Iraq. Less boom, more fun.
hearing-aids ,the bad part you have to take care of them like glasses and cost a lot of $$$$
the good part they are now rechargeable,Bluetooth to your phone and help with tinnitus. i was never a fan of it,but technologies have help .

ganooch

Full Access Member
Reaction score
hearing-aids ,the bad part you have to take care of them like glasses and cost a lot of $$$$
the good part they are now rechargeable,Bluetooth to your phone and help with tinnitus. i was never a fan of it,but technologies have help .

Yeah, they are free through the VA, but then you have to go to the VA..... I would rather spend an afternoon at the DMV than go to an appointment at the Dallas VA.

KevoUsmc

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Yeah, they are free through the VA, but then you have to go to the VA..... I would rather spend an afternoon at the DMV than go to an appointment at the Dallas VA.
LOL I talk a lot of smack on the VA but I don't have to deal with a big city facility. We have a fairly large campus 15 minutes from me, kind of in the middle of no where and they've honestly been pretty good. I went to a regular health care office through my work and after I received the bill for a "standard" visit I GASPED - better off at the VA hahaha

KevoUsmc

FRF Addict
Reaction score
To get back on track, i've never once driven a vehicle with all this tech and warnings and pre-collision so it's going to take a minute to get used to. I'll probably turn the sensitivity down but the only thing I have to worry about it the width. We have a lot of small narrow back roads where I live, but if Amazon can do it so can I. There's just been a couple close calls in the Tundra where I had to "suck it in" passing a car with no room on either side of the road

RaptorFan1988

Full Access Member
Reaction score
To get back on track, i've never once driven a vehicle with all this tech and warnings and pre-collision so it's going to take a minute to get used to. I'll probably turn the sensitivity down but the only thing I have to worry about it the width. We have a lot of small narrow back roads where I live, but if Amazon can do it so can I. There's just been a couple close calls in the Tundra where I had to "suck it in" passing a car with no room on either side of the road
So far it hasn't been too much of an issue. The truck definitely feels wider than my 2018 XLT but it's not like the tires stick out past the mirrors. You will be fine if you use them as a measuring stick.

ganooch

Full Access Member
Reaction score
There is a lane centering view front and center in the dash. When you have something else there, it is smaller and below the speedometer. Shows green when you are in your lane, red when you are not. Pretty neat, but it only works where there is a white or yellow line. So doesn't help on the shoulder if there is no stripe. Doesn't work in the backwoods either since nothing is painted.