Someone scratched up the corner of my rear bumper. Can I just buy a new end cap?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

smgilles

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
So you can confirm that the genuine ford parts came painted in the Magnetic metallic?
I can confirm that it’s pre painted magnetic metallic (same color as my Raptor).

You could always take the cash and upgrade to an aftermarket bumper too.

SkyPilot

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Whatever you do don’t let your VIN go through insurance!!!! Carfax will rip you come time to sell!!!!! If you use a body shop choose them very carefully. They get paid to turn in reports to Carfax!!!!! Police reports will hammer you through Carfax as well. Don’t ask me how I know all this for certain!!!! Even ordering crash parts through your dealer with your VIN Can do it!!!!

Ask the member on this forum that started his garage business making carbon fiber doodahs for our Raptors. Rather than pulling off his hood, cowl vents etc he bought new at dealer to use as forms with his VIN. Carfax showed up later with a report showing body damage all four sides!!!!! Good luck getting that changed!!!!!

Last edited:

SkyPilot

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I was told body shops get paid to turn in info to Carfax on wrecked cars. I can’t imagine dealer body shops don’t turn in info since I know from personal experience that the parts departments do.

ColoradoBoss

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My shop has been in business since '91 and I don't recall anyone ever approaching us about getting paid to report to carfax. We don't regardless because it's none of our business.

GCATX

King Dingaling
Reaction score
I had to replace one of the bumper ends on mine. Guys insurance cut me a check. I did the work in my driveway. It ended up on the carfax. Unless you're already down the road with a claim, I would just ask for 500 cash and fix it, or buff it out and touch it up.

I just grabbed a used one of CL.