Someone Got Into 2020 Raptor…again

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

tical

Reaction score
The other night/morning at 4:45am I woke up to my car alarm. Checked my FordPass and locked the car to see if it was indeed my truck and alarm would shut off. Which it did and alarm went off 2 seconds later which I knew it was indeed my truck. My truck was parked around corner of my house. I ran out checked surrounding of the truck nothing suspicious no locked punched out no broken window. Once I opened driver side door I see my sunglasses on my driver side chair (I keep the sunglasses in the top compartment out of sight) and the arm rest was opened.
Once it was daylight I double checked to see if door handles been punched out or tampered with. nothing from what I can tell and nothing missing.
@FordTechOne any idea how someone was able to get into my car? I keep my keys in faraday box and car was parked around the corner. What’s the remedy for this?
Anyone else have similar experience? This is the second time in 40 days.

Last edited:

GCATX

King Dingaling
Reaction score
The other night/morning at 4:45am I woke up to my car alarm. Checked my FordPass and locked the car to see if it was indeed my truck and alarm would shut off. Which it did and alarm went off 2 seconds later which I knew it was indeed my truck. My truck was parked around corner of my house. I ran out checked surrounding of the truck nothing suspicious no locked punched out no broken window. Once I opened driver side door I see my sunglasses on my driver side chair (I keep the sunglasses in the top compartment out of sight) and the arm rest was opened.
Once it was daylight I double checked to see if door handles been punched out or tampered with. nothing from what I can tell and nothing missing.
@FordTechOne any idea how someone was able to get into my car? I keep my keys in faraday box and car was parked around the corner. What’s the remedy for this?
Old school slim jim?

2020FordRaptor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That sucks man. Might want to find another parking spot.

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
You don’t need to punch the lock cylinder out, if you pull the driver’s handle out, you can use a pair of channel locks to open it.

traxem

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well good thing the alarm did what it was supposed to do. I’d add a camera inside (or around) your truck. I think that would solve the mystery.

srobertslaw

Reaction score
Mine was stolen and I just got it back but I couldn’t figure out how they opened it. they did it so quickly that I didn’t notice the alarm had went off till I looked at my FordPass. I think they went through the lock and then cut the horn wire and jammed the gps with a gsm device. I know it’s not the sim answer you are looking for but I tho maybe you can get something out of it. Just scheduled a appointment with Ravelco which was highly recommended. Good luck and be careful. here in Houston they are getting stolen left and right.

aandrews109

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My '19 was broken into in San Antonio this past summer. Vise Grips to spin the lock cylinder & Alarm did not go off because it was like it was unlocked with the key. Nothing stolen because we had taken everting in to the Hotel with us. $350 later to replace the door handle. Very Poor Design on Ford's part!