Some new exhaust options coming from MBRP

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jesse@MBRP

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
So I've been testing and testing various configurations of systems on my 18 and we have some new kits coming out that I believe are going to check a lot of boxes for folks given the feedback you guys have been providing.

First new setup coming:
A factory resonator back - this will pick up right after the factory resonator and will have a starting price of around $699.99 USD in our entry level stainless steel. The logic behind this kit is for those who want a better looking setup than the factory with just a slight increase in sound. Performance improvements are pretty small but there is a decent weight savings over the factory rear axle portions. My truck made 3.7rwhp and 13tq with this configuration on the same Dyno, same day, same conditions.

Second new setup:
A Street Series (quieter) cat-back: this will connect in the same place as our other S5263xxx systems but will have two bullet resonators that replace the factory resonator. it's a full 3.0" system that has a great tone without any of the high end snap typically associated with these engines. This will be available in T409 and T304 stainless steel and finished with Black Tips like our other systems.

blk91gt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Will you be posting some sound clips? Are you seeing any further power gains with the second setup Vs the first setup you mentioned?

Guy

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
What kind of power did you get on your street series?

12 horsepower and 20 torque bhp is about what most folks are seeing which is about what you saw.

So I've been testing and testing various configurations of systems on my 18 and we have some new kits coming out that I believe are going to check a lot of boxes for folks given the feedback you guys have been providing.

First new setup coming:
A factory resonator back - this will pick up right after the factory resonator and will have a starting price of around $699.99 USD in our entry level stainless steel. The logic behind this kit is for those who want a better looking setup than the factory with just a slight increase in sound. Performance improvements are pretty small but there is a decent weight savings over the factory rear axle portions. My truck made 3.7rwhp and 13tq with this configuration on the same Dyno, same day, same conditions.

Second new setup:
A Street Series (quieter) cat-back: this will connect in the same place as our other S5263xxx systems but will have two bullet resonators that replace the factory resonator. it's a full 3.0" system that has a great tone without any of the high end snap typically associated with these engines. This will be available in T409 and T304 stainless steel and finished with Black Tips like our other systems.

Guy

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Not entirely a false statement

MGD

Banned
Reaction score

Second new setup:

Will the sound of this one be similar to the ecoboost sleeper exhaust you have offered... or maybe quieter than that? Thanks for listening to the feedback on exhaust sound and trying to make something work!!!!!!!! Great job MBRP!!!!!

Gargamel

Banned
Reaction score

First new setup coming:
A factory resonator back - this will pick up right after the factory resonator and will have a starting price of around $699.99 USD in our entry level stainless steel. The logic behind this kit is for those who want a better looking setup than the factory with just a slight increase in sound. Performance improvements are pretty small but there is a decent weight savings over the factory rear axle portions. My truck made 3.7rwhp and 13tq with this configuration on the sahttp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KfXmg3YsCDMme Dyno, same day, same conditions.

Second new setup:

Hey Jesse - are you guys going to make it like the previous version you have?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HBdmzQCqE54