Some NAV & General Help Please

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
B

bosssho

Full Access Member
Reaction score
if you depress the front defrost button twice it will cut sat signal. but it wont do it by itself. but, thats not to say that things can happen. anything is possible when integrating into the oem system. i havent had any questions regarding an issue like yours.

Replied to this last night from my cell, but obviously that was a fail lol.

Thanks for getting right back to me.

What does depressing the Defroster Button Twice enable again, and why does it disable the NAV? And how do you reenable? I know pressing the Rear Defroster Button Twice rapidly enables the Rear Camera no matter if you are in Drive or Reverse or Moving, and I know through the GUI on the Dash you just enable the Front Camera whenever you want...and I believe if I plug into the AV inputs under the armrest a Movie would play even while moving, and I thought NAV controls would still work while driving, but with Voice activation that's really not necessary any more.

Thanks again, and any help/advice is MUCH appreciated...the dealer and I are at our wit's end....

The Car Stereo Company

aka grumpy car stereo guy
Supporting Member
Reaction score
activating vim and/or entering nav address while driving cuts the satellite signal to the nav. the nav-tv piece does this to allow you to use those features. it makes the vehicle think its standing still. double pressing the front defrost will activate it. and a second double press of the front defrost deactivates it. it will always reset to normal when the truck is shut off and restarted

OP
OP
B

bosssho

Full Access Member
Reaction score
activating vim and/or entering nav address while driving cuts the satellite signal to the nav. the nav-tv piece does this to allow you to use those features. it makes the vehicle think its standing still. double pressing the front defrost will activate it. and a second double press of the front defrost deactivates it. it will always reset to normal when the truck is shut off and restarted

Ok, thanks so much, and I figured this would be too easy to be it...since the NAV 99.99% of the time, when it loses its way, is JUST after having turned the truck on, and starting off...vs. I think one time it just stopped working while driving...but even then, and maybe twice at most...I was not in the middle of watching a movie, or activating the rear camera. Thanks again.

Just wish I could nail this issue down...