Some NAV & General Help Please

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bosssho

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Looked through my manual, and again on here for a while now with no luck...if I missed something obvious I apologize in advance, but was wondering the following, and any help would be much appreciated for 2014 SCREW:

1.) When using NAV is there a simple one touch button I can press so that at any time the Voice NAV Directions will be repeated? I know there has been on any of my past vehicles with NAV going back to 2003, but I can't seem to figure this out with this Ford.

2.) Also related to #1, Can I adjust both the Volume of the SPEAKING VOICE so that it STAYS Set? I realize hitting the Volume +/- will increase or decrease Voice volume while it's speaking, but the setting does NOT seem to stay.

3.) Going off #2, Can I adjust how much the Radio is muted when the NAV Voice comes on? And if so, can this be "SET" to stay that way going forward?

4.) With the Home Screen showing all (4) quadrants, and me never using the Phone App...can I delete that from my view...or is the view set in stone? It seems in general this is a very inflexible GUI...heard it was Microsoft and Nokia does the Mapping...

5.) Lastly, is there any way to override the ridiculous requirements to activate the front camera?

Thanks so much for any help or reference to another helping thread.

John

2014RubyRed

FRF Addict
Reaction score
There is a little rewind button on the Nav that will repeat the spoken word.

The volume setting is in the Nav menu.

There isn't any way that I know of that eliminates the 4 quads.

Good luck!!!

OP
OP
B

bosssho

Full Access Member
Reaction score
There is a little rewind button on the Nav that will repeat the spoken word.

The volume setting is in the Nav menu.

There isn't any way that I know of that eliminates the 4 quads.

Good luck!!!

Thanks so much...I will check it out, and see if I can't find it in the NAV setting.

OP
OP
B

bosssho

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks so much...I will check it out, and see if I can't find it in the NAV setting.

Found the Volume of the NAV voice easy, and the Voice Repeat button easy, but apparently there is no way to adjust how much the radio is muted when the voice comes on to give NAV instructions...which for the rear passengers is kind of stupid...but at least it's not completely inept. Thanks again.

OP
OP
B

bosssho

Full Access Member
Reaction score
not really just the nav-tv website. once installed all you do is turn on the camera in truck apps. no more putting in 4low or offroad mode with locked diff.

https://navtv.com/products/NTV-KIT422/mytouch-vim13f-cam.html

let me know if you are interested in one.

Does this component have any issues with the Navigation losing it's way/position?

My Vehicle has had semi constant issues over the last view months with the NAV saying the truck is NOT moving, while I am driving down the road...which makes Navigation not possible to use at the time...and if NO cell service...it's a major safety issue.

The Car Stereo Company

aka grumpy car stereo guy
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Does this component have any issues with the Navigation losing it's way/position?

My Vehicle has had semi constant issues over the last view months with the NAV saying the truck is NOT moving, while I am driving down the road...which makes Navigation not possible to use at the time...and if NO cell service...it's a major safety issue.
if you depress the front defrost button twice it will cut sat signal. but it wont do it by itself. but, thats not to say that things can happen. anything is possible when integrating into the oem system. i havent had any questions regarding an issue like yours.