Some mutherf***** tried to steal my truck...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

CoronaRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I don’t know if these p e n i s e s do or don’t - the dealer is telling me that. Could be they want to upsell.

I’m probably not gonna go thru insurance and might try to tackle some of it myself.
Isn't the door code written down in the footwell on the passenger side behind the cover? I think that would be why the dealer says they have it, this way they don't need to jimmy jammer the door to get in next time, just unlock, no alarm either.

Edit: this is why something aftermarket to disable, etc would be wise.

Don N

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Not sure if I missed it in another post, but can you just remove the door lock rod on all of the doors instead of installing the jimmi jammers?

BenBB

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Not sure if I missed it in another post, but can you just remove the door lock rod on all of the doors instead of installing the jimmi jammers?
Well you could, yes, but that prevents you from using the key to unlock the truck if the battery is dead (not that this is THAT bad, it's why they also sell that Lock Plug, at the very least I think you would want to run a positive cable to the wheelwell or something so you could boost/charge the battery enough to do get in). Also, you would only need to remove the driver's door rod as that's the only one that's got a lock cylinder on the truck. I'm not an expert but I think if a thief might be able to unlock the door with the door handle rod as well? The Jimmi Jammer reinforces the whole handle assembly to deter (key word, if they want in they will just smash windows) thieves from f'ing with it...