Some mutherf***** tried to steal my truck...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

tooloud10

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It's amazing to me that I can lose my iPhone and there's basically zero chance that anyone can access anything on it because of a 7-8 digit passcode, but someone can drive off in an $80k vehicle in 11 minutes without the key.

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
11 minutes if they’re dawdling.
Dude who stopped in S/A lost it in somewhere between 3-7 minutes IIRC.

I know ammo cans work. I had to isolate the keys once before for an install and wouldn’t you know I tripped the factory alarm. Great, now I get to go grab the ammo can, open it grab the fob... JUST in time for the truck to stop throwing her temper tantrum. But, I’m not trying to haul an ammo can along with me for truck security.

Frogger22

“Not all who wander are lost” Tolkien
Reaction score
I think the answer here guys is everyone sell the trucks and we all buy some **** little electric / hybrid cars. That way no criminal on the planet would want to steal our **** smart cars and boom, Problem solved! You’re welcome!

CoronaRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I think the answer here guys is everyone sell the trucks and we all buy some **** little electric / hybrid cars. That way no criminal on the planet would want to steal our **** smart cars and boom, Problem solved! You’re welcome!
Yeah, NO, 'cause then we would have to grow man buns and wear plaid shirts, lol

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score

easier solution:
Get a Jen Juan, replete with 6.2 badges and retro the newer power plant, electronics etc. in.

6.2’s are giving up the ghost here recently and parts are scarce. apparently more scarce than a Jen Tres ! Thieves will think the truck is broken down and not bother with it.

What? Too soon? ;-)

So, basically, us Jen Too owners need to increase difficulty for thieves from under 15 seconds to a few minutes:

Jimi jammers
remove the lock cylinder from driver’s door
remote power in case of dead battery
some kind of protective window coating
secure fob storage
Tracking beyond Ford Sync to recover.

Did I miss anything?
<shakes head ruefully...>

OP
OP
JohnyPython

JohnyPython

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Update? Truck fixed yet op?
Truck is not fixed yet.

Need a new BCM - degenerates have my master keypad code. I’d like to disable the keypad thru Forscan but don’t think I can.
Body Control Modules are backordered/unavailable. Gonna see if I can get one from the US. So far, nothing.

Looking into some countermeasures also.

Insurance is useless and police also since it’s considered vandalism.

CoronaRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Truck is not fixed yet.

Need a new BCM - degenerates have my master keypad code. I’d like to disable the keypad thru Forscan but don’t think I can.
Body Control Modules are backordered/unavailable. Gonna see if I can get one from the US. So far, nothing.

Looking into some countermeasures also.

Insurance is useless and police also since it’s considered vandalism.
Well, that sucks. Can you use one out of a junkyard or not?