some help needed with pricing my truck

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
F

FN-2187

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Like everyone else has said, you’ll get more for your truck the closer it is to stock. Honestly the truck market is insane right now; I just got an offer yesterday for $33,900 for my Gen 1 SCREW with 108,000 miles on it. I love my truck to death, but that’s almost $2k more than I paid for it 18 months and 14,000 miles ago. Regardless, I’d recommend a more middle of the road approach to selling if you’re serious about it. Take some of your pricier mods (shocks, control arms, lights, bumper, comms, etc) and sell them separately. Realistically you’ll still be able to sell the truck for $29-30k, and you’ll make a nice chunk of change on selling some of your parts separately. Just my $0.02.

(Btw not biased here, but I’d 100% buy your Kibbe bracket and lights)

It might just come to that. I think I'm going to try it without removing any of the mods and hope it sells for a decent price because as of right now I don't really want to have to go through the process of de-modding it.

if it comes to removing the parts, you'll be the first PM for the grill bracket and lights. haha

If I were you, I would find the Gen 1 SCREW that's stock that you really like and buy it. THEN have all of your aftermarket parts you got on your current SCAB swapped over. Once that is done, sell the SCAB for around 30k. Then all the money you put into the SCAB will just carry over and you have a sick SCREW that's done. Unfortunately I'm not in your position, lol. Good luck!

Sent from my SM-G986U using Tapatalk

Unfortunately, I don't know if this is an option for me right now. I would love to be able to swap these parts over to another truck but this truck $$$ will be used as a down payment or as payment for my next one (depending on what I decide on)

We had a 2 door MINI for about a year when my daughter was born and my car was a 350Z so that was it. And it rains constantly through the summer. You can at least open to the rear seats. Honestly, that’s all you need. Unless you really think you need/want way more space, I’d say get your car seat and test it out before you commit.

as of now, I think I need more space. I have a GSD and expecting a newborn, and possibly a 2nd in the future. My thought is to sell this truck while the market is good and get a truck for the long run that can accommodate a growing family.

Congratulations on the baby. Just to echo others, get your scab back to stock and sell it. Values are damn good for all raptors right now. A screw has so much room in the back. It’s the only vehicle that my 4 yo in his car seat/booster can’t kick the back of my seat while I’m driving.

If you want to save money, keep the scab and make do with the car seat. It’ll be no worse than any other car with a car seat.

Also, get as much sleep now while you can since you won’t get much after baby is born [emoji23]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

thank you!

I've heard this A LOT. haha

as said above, I might just try to sell it and avoid the back-to-stock process. if somebody buys it for close to my asking price, great. if not, back to stock it goes.

I know a few members have reached out expressing interest in parts so I'll also be getting in touch with them to see what can be done to make that as easy as possible to do.

JoeSC

Full Access Member
Reaction score
A screw has so much room in the back. It’s the only vehicle that my 4 yo in his car seat/booster can’t kick the back of my seat while I’m driving.

If you want to save money, keep the scab and make do with the car seat. It’ll be no worse than any other car with a car seat.

Also, get as much sleep now while you can since you won’t get much after baby is born [emoji23]

Indeed. I thought I heard a kid kick my seat today and my wife looked back and said my five year old daughter, who’s decently tall, couldn’t reach it if she tried.

Also, meant to say congratulations! And I’d like to echo the sleep recommendation. I honestly got an ok amount by sleeping when they did. That said, for my first kid I stayed up really late frequently and my wife had a habit of having her water break at like 5 am. So the first time I was on one hour of sleep and she took until day 2 to come. I rectified that with kid #2.

Either way, they require constant energy that you won’t have. Good luck!

II Sevv

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Really sick truck, but something nobody else has mentioned is the fact that it’s really not the raptor market that has appreciated, it’s that the value of the dollar has massively depreciated across the board. That means that not only will you sell your truck for more money, but it will also cost significantly more money to buy something else, negating any true gains from selling your truck unless you wait to buy another truck until the dollar is stronger...when I was shopping for raptors 8 months ago, I was able to work multiple SCREW owners down to mid $20k’s for trucks with 100k miles and no problems and I ended up buying my one owner for $23k...now it seems like people are paying way over $30k for those same trucks right now.

Look at the insane increase in the Federal Reserve money supply that occurred in the last year. So, it’s really only a psychological benefit to sell your truck right now, unless you save the money and wait for disinflation to occur

CBAC4951-DB83-4D81-A87D-6AA984074F37.png

UsernameTaken

Reaction score
Really sick truck, but something nobody else has mentioned is the fact that it’s really not the raptor market that has appreciated, it’s that the value of the dollar has massively depreciated across the board. That means that not only will you sell your truck for more money, but it will also cost significantly more money to buy something else, negating any true gains from selling your truck unless you wait to buy another truck until the dollar is stronger...when I was shopping for raptors 8 months ago, I was able to work multiple SCREW owners down to mid $20k’s for trucks with 100k miles and no problems and I ended up buying my one owner for $23k...now it seems like people are paying way over $30k for those same trucks right now.

Look at the insane increase in the Federal Reserve money supply that occurred in the last year. So, it’s really only a psychological benefit to sell your truck right now, unless you save the money and wait for disinflation to occur

View attachment 165784

It's a combo of things: yes the money supply is bound to have a negative effect in the economy at some point, but I'd wager to bet there's two major things fueling the sudden appreciation:

1) cheaper debt (at least from March 2020 to about February 2021);

2) QC issues with vehicles made since the shutdown and the sudden supply shortage due to labor and materials.

Supply issues aside, also keep in mind the newest Raptor is already 7 years old, and only made up 3% of the total F150s made in 2014; there is something to be said for appreciation due to rarity. [https://ecommons.cornell.edu/handle/1813/71548 < worth the read]

I'm curious to see the effects the de facto ICE ban in the next decade and rising retail energy prices will have on the value of the Raptor: will it continue, plateau, or crater?

II Sevv

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It's a combo of things: yes the money supply is bound to have a negative effect in the economy at some point, but I'd wager to bet there's two major things fueling the sudden appreciation:

1) cheaper debt (at least from March 2020 to about February 2021);

2) QC issues with vehicles made since the shutdown and the sudden supply shortage due to labor and materials.

Supply issues aside, also keep in mind the newest Raptor is already 7 years old, and only made up 3% of the total F150s made in 2014; there is something to be said for appreciation due to rarity. [https://ecommons.cornell.edu/handle/1813/71548 < worth the read]

I'm curious to see the effects the de facto ICE ban in the next decade and rising retail energy prices will have on the value of the Raptor: will it continue, plateau, or crater?
Agreed. I was more commenting on the fact that these factors are also causing similar price increases economy-wide, making a replacement purchase just as expensive as the sale of the current “appreciated” asset.