Help Support Ford Raptor Forum by donating:

some help needed with pricing my truck

Discussion in 'Ford SVT Raptor General Discussions [GEN 1]' started by FN-2187, Apr 6, 2021.

1. 85eurocarrera

85eurocarrera Full Access Member

D7FB0049-191F-4E55-BEDF-F4D2551B3033.jpeg She’s all mine:cool:

JoeSC, Maintecheib and FN-2187 like this.
  2. Marspool

Marspool FRF Supporting Member Supporting Member

Keep it, babies really don’t take up that much room...

JoeSC and MFNG like this.
  3. FN-2187

FN-2187 Full Access Member

hell yea. congrats on the new-to-you raptor. it looks great

85eurocarrera likes this.
  4. MrGable27

MrGable27 Full Access Member

Like everyone else has said, you’ll get more for your truck the closer it is to stock. Honestly the truck market is insane right now; I just got an offer yesterday for $33,900 for my Gen 1 SCREW with 108,000 miles on it. I love my truck to death, but that’s almost $2k more than I paid for it 18 months and 14,000 miles ago. Regardless, I’d recommend a more middle of the road approach to selling if you’re serious about it. Take some of your pricier mods (shocks, control arms, lights, bumper, comms, etc) and sell them separately. Realistically you’ll still be able to sell the truck for $29-30k, and you’ll make a nice chunk of change on selling some of your parts separately. Just my $0.02.

(Btw not biased here, but I’d 100% buy your Kibbe bracket and lights)

5. STEPHEN T SHELLEY

STEPHEN T SHELLEY Member

If I were you, I would find the Gen 1 SCREW that's stock that you really like and buy it. THEN have all of your aftermarket parts you got on your current SCAB swapped over. Once that is done, sell the SCAB for around 30k. Then all the money you put into the SCAB will just carry over and you have a sick SCREW that's done. Unfortunately I'm not in your position, lol. Good luck!

Sent from my SM-G986U using Tapatalk

6. Chiefapple

Chiefapple Full Access Member

This is the way.

I actually bought my SCREW with a 4 month old. Then decided to have a second kid. Best family vehicle ever. I’ve had rear facing infant seats, forward facing seats, and now booster seats. So much room in the cab. Plus still get to do the fun offroad stuff when I want to.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JoeSC, Smilodon and MFNG like this.
  7. MFNG

MFNG Full Access Member

100%. Three car seats in the back of my SCREW as I type this. 90# Dog still fits on the floor too.

CoreyMac, JoeSC and Smilodon like this.
  8. JoeSC

JoeSC Full Access Member

We had a 2 door MINI for about a year when my daughter was born and my car was a 350Z so that was it. And it rains constantly through the summer. You can at least open to the rear seats. Honestly, that’s all you need. Unless you really think you need/want way more space, I’d say get your car seat and test it out before you commit.

MFNG likes this.
  9. STEPHEN T SHELLEY

STEPHEN T SHELLEY Member

I actually got rid of my 2015 Roush Mustang for my current 2011 SCREW b/c we had our first kid. I've never been happier with a vehicle and now I'm a Raptor owner for life.

Sent from my SM-G986U using Tapatalk

MFNG likes this.
  10. Lacajun25

Lacajun25 Full Access Member

Congratulations on the baby. Just to echo others, get your scab back to stock and sell it. Values are damn good for all raptors right now. A screw has so much room in the back. It’s the only vehicle that my 4 yo in his car seat/booster can’t kick the back of my seat while I’m driving.

If you want to save money, keep the scab and make do with the car seat. It’ll be no worse than any other car with a car seat.

Also, get as much sleep now while you can since you won’t get much after baby is born

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk