Some Advice from members

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

DinduMcNugget

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey folks posting again, didn’t want to revive my old thread so I thought I’d start a new one. Hopefully that isn’t against the rules.

I’m looking at a new 2019 raptor with tech and 802a package for 66-67k. Dealer says he’s selling at invoice, I don’t particularly believe him, wondering if there is wiggle room? This is California by the way (yeah I know...☹️) lowest price I’ve seen in California before negotiations and without having to wait for one being built.

Wondering what you all think of the price and if it’s worth it to try to talk him into a similar price for a 2020 that is also available, though it doesn’t seem like any dealership I’ve spoken to is negotiating much. Only difference being model year between the two.

Any opinions are much appreciated.

OP
OP
DinduMcNugget

DinduMcNugget

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I should also add that Edmunds true value says its about 63-64k. Anyone know how often dealerships do deals compared to Edmunds numbers?

BroncoAZ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The invoice to MSRP on the 2020 802A Scab I ordered is $4400, so if the truck you’re looking at stickers for $71K I’d think the $66-67K is darn close.

OP
OP
DinduMcNugget

DinduMcNugget

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The invoice to MSRP on the 2020 802A Scab I ordered is $4400, so if the truck you’re looking at stickers for $71K I’d think the $66-67K is darn close.

Yeah, I guess there isn’t much difference between a 2019 and 2020 from what I’ve read? Unless I’m mistaken. This ones a screw so maybe I should just pull the trigger and go for it

Thanks for the info

BroncoAZ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I would try to find a 2020 as that 2019 may have been sitting on the lot for a year, but the 2019 with tech package should be the same as a 2020. 2020 should have a higher resale value later because it will be a year newer. I wouldn’t be buying a 2019 unless it were under invoice.

Last edited:
OP
OP
DinduMcNugget

DinduMcNugget

Full Access Member
Reaction score
@BroncoAZ oh really? Being not to familiar with the kinda problems they can have, what kinda issues would one sitting on the lot have?

and yeah I’ll definitely ask about the 2020 first and see what kinda price I can get

BroncoAZ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
@BroncoAZ oh really? Being not to familiar with the kinda problems they can have, what kinda issues would one sitting on the lot have?

and yeah I’ll definitely ask about the 2020 first and see what kinda price I can get

Probably not any mechanical problems, but it's sitting out in the elements getting beat on by the sun. I doubt they are waxing it until the new owner purchases it.

OP
OP
DinduMcNugget

DinduMcNugget

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This is the quote they gave for the 2019 with taxes titles and fees. What the hell is a “tx accessory” fee? Hopefully the image loads. But that’s nuts! Is this negotiatable?
upload_2020-6-25_17-44-12.jpeg

OP
OP
DinduMcNugget

DinduMcNugget

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Probably not any mechanical problems, but it's sitting out in the elements getting beat on by the sun. I doubt they are waxing it until the new owner purchases it.

That makes sense. It has a moon roof as well and I’ve read about those problems somI can’t imagine they’ve been doing the proper maintenance on that either