GEN 2 Sold my Raptor and couldn’t be happier

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

REMIX

Full Access Member
Reaction score
how many raptors are available on autotrader at or below msrp?

No idea how many above, at, or below MSRP, there is no way to account for that. I've been watching TRXs mainly because I've been thinking about making the switch. Fewer MSO Raptors overall for sale from what I can see but it's also one year newer. Raptors will probably be affected if things keep on the current path, but I'd think less so as the day to day operating cost is lower.

downforce137

FRF Addict
Reaction score
No idea how many above, at, or below MSRP, there is no way to account for that. I've been watching TRXs mainly because I've been thinking about making the switch. Fewer MSO Raptors overall for sale from what I can see but it's also one year newer. Raptors will probably be affected if things keep on the current path, but I'd think less so as the day to day operating cost is lower.

currently nationwide theres only 182 used and 829 new 21/22 raptors available on cargurus....

edit: it reverted to 100mi of me...

Last edited:

weimer

FRF Addict
Reaction score
If anyone wants one of these and doesn't mind the cost to feed it, just wait a little bit.

I've watched this and several other TRXs sit collecting dust on dealer lots around here. This particular one has been reduced +/-$10k since I started watching it in MARCH (it's now $89k). This is far from the only one. Rarely see that kind of thing with Raptors. Gotta wonder how much they have into this truck and how low they're willing to go. Things are changing fast and it's not to their advantage.

Autotrader shows over 1,000 of them currently for sale across the US. In a few weeks when premium pushes $6-$7/gal I bet you will eventually find some crazy deals as people have finally had enough and start dumping them. Seeing more and more "reduced price" tags as of late. If you want one of these "relatively" cheap just wait a little bit. If you have cash saved, I'll bet you're gonna be able to get a lot of kick ass shit like TRXs on fire sale pretty soon.

View attachment 357170
That's still a ridiculously high price for that truck. It looks like a base truck that would've had a MSRP of $75,000 or so. With some dealers offering $10,000 or more off, you could order the same truck for about $15-20,000 less than this one. Crazy people are willing to pay the insane "market adjustments" for these or any vehicles.

04Ram2500Hemi

It's Just a Username
Reaction score
That's still a ridiculously high price for that truck. It looks like a base truck that would've had a MSRP of $75,000 or so. With some dealers offering $10,000 or more off, you could order the same truck for about $15-20,000 less than this one. Crazy people are willing to pay the insane "market adjustments" for these or any vehicles.
I’ll give you the point that the 2nd/3rd Gen Raptor are more distinguishable from a standard F150. My 2nd Gen Raptor was a damn good looking truck on the outside (I think we can all agree the updated 3rd Gen interior is a big move forward). I’m not sure the TRX looks like a base truck. What hurt the TRX is they took too many cues from the standard Rebel.

Again, it comes down to what you want/need in a truck. I wanted a fire breathing V8. If I lived in a place like AZ where I had access to desert running I would have kept the Raptor because it’s lighter and more nimble.

REMIX

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I really have to look closely to tell if what I'm seeing is a TRX. There are some visual cues that give it away. I do feel the same when I see Raptors in black, I have to look closely at them.

weimer

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I’ll give you the point that the 2nd/3rd Gen Raptor are more distinguishable from a standard F150. My 2nd Gen Raptor was a damn good looking truck on the outside (I think we can all agree the updated 3rd Gen interior is a big move forward). I’m not sure the TRX looks like a base truck. What hurt the TRX is they took too many cues from the standard Rebel.

Again, it comes down to what you want/need in a truck. I wanted a fire breathing V8. If I lived in a place like AZ where I had access to desert running I would have kept the Raptor because it’s lighter and more nimble.
I was referring to a base TRX. But true on hard being able to tell between a rebel and a TRX.

I actually had a TRX on order but cancelled after waiting 7 months with no clear build date in site. Even after I ordered it, I had second thoughts about getting rid of my Gen1. Looked at a 2020 Raptor briefly this year but it didn't work out. So I'll just be happy with my old, outdated, gas guzzling Gen1 and enjoy not having a payment when I retire in about two years.

Last edited:

REMIX

Full Access Member
Reaction score
12 days later, still for sale, lowered $500 to $89k. That's not gonna cut it!

Also the same exact ones here for sale two weeks ago are still there PLUS a couple more, all marked up with ADM. LOL.