GEN 2 Sold my Raptor and couldn’t be happier

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

CoronaRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I know you dudes here are super pumped about the R. Honestly tho I dont think I would go back. Especially if it has that 10 spd trans.

The ZF is one of the best trans in the world right now. Google it if you think im lying.

Ford is just having such quality control issues, massive order fulfillment issues and are hyper focused on EVs and fuel efficiency.

My boddy ordered a gt 500 in march and still doesn’t have it. MARCH OF 2021!

dealerships are getting raptors sans the fender flares and actually delivering them to customers citing supply chain issues.

Ask anyone in the automotive industry. Ford is dead last right now. Its a ******* shame man.

This R, if you have the money to get one, is going to be nuts. But id bet my bank account its riddled with problems. The hellcat motor and ZF trans are proven and awesome. Im telling you. GET OUT NOW WHILE YOU CAN
I'm happy with what I have, I agree Ford is having issues, but a lot of manufacturers are, honestly. I didn't expect Ford to be behind this bad though as they have always been at the top of their game when other Manufacturers weren't in the past, yeah DOdge and GM are two who had to get bail outs because of poor management. Lets see who comes out on top in another year or two, Ford is retooling and becoming more futuristic than DOdge. Keep us in the loop with how your TRX is performing, I'm not jealous or anti-TRX either, I just like my Fords.

OP
OP
Vintabu

Vintabu

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm happy with what I have, I agree Ford is having issues, but a lot of manufacturers are, honestly. I didn't expect Ford to be behind this bad though as they have always been at the top of their game when other Manufacturers weren't in the past, yeah DOdge and GM are two who had to get bail outs because of poor management. Lets see who comes out on top in another year or two, Ford is retooling and becoming more futuristic than DOdge. Keep us in the loop with how your TRX is performing, I'm not jealous or anti-TRX either, I just like my Fords.
Very good points here, and I appreciate your tact, but I have to disagree with the “futuristic” comment. Compare the 2022 raptor interior to the 22 TRX and then ralk to me about futuristic. Heads up display, completely customizable dash, larger screen. Better quality interior… i could go on but dont need too.

Currently comparing the two in tech, ford is laughably behind.

CoronaRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Very good points here, and I appreciate your tact, but I have to disagree with the “futuristic” comment. Compare the 2022 raptor interior to the 22 TRX and then ralk to me about futuristic. Heads up display, completely customizable dash, larger screen. Better quality interior… i could go on but dont need too.

Currently comparing the two in tech, ford is laughably behind.
Yeah, I wasn't even talking about the Raptor or the TRX with that comment, I was referring to the EV's Ford is working on and the new tech coming down the road. Will be interesting to see what both companies can come up with, competition is good for the consumer, Ford never would of built the Raptor R if Dodge didn't build the TRX and I believe that. Thanks for keeping it civil, enjoy that truck and post some pics of it out in the desert and not at the drive thru with your frappuccino, lol.

OP
OP
Vintabu

Vintabu

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah, I wasn't even talking about the Raptor or the TRX with that comment, I was referring to the EV's Ford is working on and the new tech coming down the road. Will be interesting to see what both companies can come up with, competition is good for the consumer, Ford never would of built the Raptor R if Dodge didn't build the TRX and I believe that. Thanks for keeping it civil, enjoy that truck and post some pics of it out in the desert and not at the drive thru with your frappuccino, lol.
Brother you are dead on.

If it weren’t for the raptor I would never have this truck.

Hopefully the R will inspire them to make a hellcat Redeye before the engine is discontinued in 2023 by stellantis.

GoDucks

Reaction score
Hey nice truck. I love Ram interiors and will admit it's better than my Raptor. I also will say the 10 speed is not as smooth as the old 6 speed but the 3.5 ecoboost was solid in my 2015 and has been solid in my Raptor. I'm looking into a tune for the engine and transmission. Anyhow, no hate, enjoy your new truck.

OP
OP
Vintabu

Vintabu

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey nice truck. I love Ram interiors and will admit it's better than my Raptor. I also will say the 10 speed is not as smooth as the old 6 speed but the 3.5 ecoboost was solid in my 2015 and has been solid in my Raptor. I'm looking into a tune for the engine and transmission. Anyhow, no hate, enjoy your new truck.
Listen man. If you like it god bless. You’re a stronger man than I. I loved my old truck but I lied to myself everyday for 4 years and 2 months about that damn engine. I should have offloaded the thing after the second time they fully rebuilt the engine. I dunno know what I was thinking after the third time.

My honest opinion is that it’s over engineered. Too much power out of it and it eats itself. Oh and did I mention it sounds god awful? Even the “gen 3”s with the up graded exhaust sound bad.

*There’s no such thing as a Gen 3 raptor. Thats a different topic all together