Sold my 2010 and ordered a 2013!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MotuMute

FRF Addict
Reaction score
2010 = Best year for the Raptor.

A lot of guys are doing this. Scratching that three year itch. It's all the rage.

My 2010 Scab is a keeper and there's no way I'm parting with it. Understand the move though, and can't wait to see your new beast in the air!

keatonskidmore

FRF Addict
Reaction score
A lot of guys are doing this. Scratching that three year itch. It's all the rage.

My 2010 Scab is a keeper and there's no way I'm parting with it. Understand the move though, and can't wait to see your new beast in the air!

Better upgrade now while your mods are still bolt ons

OP
OP
SVTCALI

SVTCALI

Full Access Member
Reaction score

I felt the same way honestly with my 2010. I was 100% happy with the way it looked, it was a low build #, and definitely one of the first in northern california. Plus the truck has always been solid for me even after everything I put it through. Lol
Oh and can't forget the web viral pictures of it with the girls on it. Haha. So it was tough to let it go.

But I started looking over the value of my 2010 and my increasing mileage on the truck. Plus I had the expense of tires and brakes coming up very soon. So I put the truck up for sale as kind of a feeler to see what kind of reaction I would get. And even attempted to trade it in a couple times. The main issue I ran into is that it wasn't a 6.2 and my high milage of 70,000 miles. There just wasn't as much demand as 6.2 raptors and even people wanting a screw instead. So I figured the longer I wait the harder it's going to be to sell a moderately offroaded 2010 5.4 scab.

Reasons 2013 made sense:
- Selling even at low end of KBB private party gave me enough cash in hand to put a large down payment on a new one
- new vehicle interest rates are a lot lower in 2013 than they were in 2009
- no truck payment for a few month while i wait for the new one to be build so I can save up for a few immediate mods
- didn't have to spend money on tires, brakes and some upcoming maintenance
- Get all the new added features and upgrades that have accumulated over the year models of the raptor
- Get to start over with a fresh slate and create another bad ass raptor

I could probably list tons more reasons but the main thing is that I will be getting a brand new Raptor for less of a truck payment I was currently paying due to the large down payment and lower interest rate.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

BMart

FRF Resident Artist
Reaction score
Should be a fun couple months for both of us. It's disturbing how many mods I have purchased for a truck that doesn't even exist yet.