Sold gen 2 hurry up gen 3

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bpcfi

Reaction score
Well just sold my gen 2. sure hope the gen 3 comes quick I have nothing to drive. Figured why not prices are so high currently and I didn’t think they will stay that high once production starts up again. Anyone have a 2020 they want to unload

Raptor R

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well just sold my gen 2. sure hope the gen 3 comes quick I have nothing to drive. Figured why not prices are so high currently and I didn’t think they will stay that high once production starts up again. Anyone have a 2020 they want to unload
If you just sold your GEN 2 raptor to bring in a GEN 3, then why are you asking if anyone has a 2020 they want to unload? The GEN 3 books are opening up in like 3 weeks. Just sit tight and put your order in then.

Last edited:
OP
OP
B

bpcfi

Reaction score
the way things are going with the gen 3 it may be a while. Hard to believe my 17 fully loaded sticker at 68k. Now I hear it’s about 85k

jjm047

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Oof, prob should have put some more thought into that one. We will not see a 2021 raptor. Will be early 2022 at least before we see any gen 3 raptors on the road.

everyone keeps saying you can order 6/10...there’s no good intel straight from Ford to support this. Dearborn is open but those trucks will be built and stored on a lot until the chips are ready (see the story about the superduty storage lots that are now so enormous that they are visible from ******* space).

there is now an enormous chip shortage globally. Those chips are going to go to ford’s fleet vehicles first, that’s where they make their money. Raptor and bronco will be last on the list because those are their smallest markets.

id start looking into something that can hold you over for at least 8-10 mos, if not more. You’re not getting a new raptor this year.

GordoJay

FRF Addict
Reaction score
... I have nothing to drive... Anyone have a 2020 they want to unload
Seriously? Do you have impulse control problems? Difficulty planning ahead?

the way things are going with the gen 3 it may be a while. Hard to believe my 17 fully loaded sticker at 68k. Now I hear it’s about 85k
So you bought it for $68k and sold it for $85k? Or you sold it for $68k and it's now worth $85k? That would sting. I guess you could buy a 2020 now for $90k and then sell it for $60k when gen 3 comes out. Gotta pay to play.

GCATX

King Dingaling
Reaction score
Seriously? Do you have impulse control problems? Difficulty planning ahead?

So you bought it for $68k and sold it for $85k? Or you sold it for $68k and it's now worth $85k? That would sting. I guess you could buy a 2020 now for $90k and then sell it for $60k when gen 3 comes out. Gotta pay to play.
He is going to make one lucky salesman very happy.

DeepSeaMofo423

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If you just sold your GEN 2 raptor to bring in a GEN 3, then why are you asking if anyone has a 2020 they want to unload? The GEN 3 books are opening up in like 3 weeks. Just sit tight and put your order in then.
I hate to see the 2021 Gen 3 become the 2022 gen3 with the “chip shortage”….